Saturday, December 12, 2009

See ya in 26.2 miles. ;-)

So, I'm cleaning up the house really quick, packing some diaper bags, and heading to bed. Hope to be asleep by 9...since I am waking up at 2 AM. Holy cow.

But, I am excited to do this and to have it over. I have been nervous all week, and especially today. Just had a nautious feeling everytime I thought about tomorrow. It reminded me a lot of the feeling I used to get as a kid just before a piano recital was coming up, or whenever I'd have to play in church.

But mostly I am excited to get this overwith. I feel pretty confident that I'll finish it. Having already ran 20 miles before helps me think I can finish tomorrows race.

So, thanks for all your support, well wishes, texts during oh so boooooring long training runs. And thanks sweety for your many many many hours you have devoted to baby sitting our kids while I trained.

The other day I was at the running store and the poster in the window said, "We know 26.2 miles is the short part...because we run." And that's oh so true. The training has taken FOREVER and ever. It felt like tomorrow would never come. Kinda like when you are pregnant, but ready or not here it comes.

Better get to work so I can get to bed. But while I'm running you can bet I'll be thinking of my 3 favorite people

Love,
Bin #04116

8 comments:

echo said...

you can do it matti!!!! you are amazing. good job training all those long hard hours.

echo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

I have been thinking aboutyou all day and how youmust be feeling and also just feeling so so proud of you!!! Good luck tomorrow but you don't need it. You've fought hard for this and tomorrow will be the reward!

liko said...

go girl!!!

Melissa said...

tomorrow is finally the big day!

I think the worst part about these types of things is before it starts! I also get nervous about stuff the night before--and I haven't even done a marathon, I can imagine how you feel.
However you are totally ready and you will do great! I am so happy that you are doing this--your my inspiration! great job!!

The Fantastic Four said...

Good luck!! Can't wait to see pics!! =)

Ashley C said...

Good luck, Matti!! I am so excited for you! I would be super nervous too, but you are going to feel so amazing when you finish. I cant wait to hear how it went.

Nick and Brittany said...

Good luck Matti! You are a Rock star!!!!!

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod