Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Life Lately

I thought I would catch you up with Parker life lately with a few photos that we have taken. Some of them are cell phone photos so the quality isn't the greatest. But the memories are! ;-) So today I will say that I am thankful for all the moments I have been able to share with Eden in the past 19 months and 16 days, and I am thankful that her Dad works so hard so I can be the one who gets to spend her days with her. Here are a few of our more recent memories.

Kisses for brother. Eden LOVES to kiss my belly, and try to poke my belly button back into the inny it once was before I became pregnant with her. Yup, my belly button will never be an inny again. But I don't care. I like it's new turkey timer appearance. She calls it baby, and sometimes brother. I think she is really excited for the new life that will be coming into our family. And I am sure he is excited to meet all of us.




The other night we walked with Daddy to 7-Eleven to get some hot cocoa. When we got home we sat on the porch and enjoyed the night breeze while daddy blew some bubbles and Eden popped them.



Eden and I tried a more formal approach to potty training a little over a week ago. She and her baby both started the day out in their new training pants. Eden did really great in the morning, but as the day wore on she had more and more accidents. By the end of the day I think we both ended up frustrated and confused. We tried again the next day, but gave up after a few hours, and went back to diapers. Eden still uses the potty at least once about every day, and we are slowly making progress. We'll make it there eventually.

Lately we have started traveling with Dad to school on Thursdays. We get in the car at 7:45 (which is early considering Eden sleeps in till 9), and drop Dad off at school at 9:15. From there the car and the day is ours till we pick him back up at 1. The first week we decided to go to the zoo. It was the best last minute decision ever. And for $4 Kama Aina you can't go wrong! Eden loved watching all of the animals, and you could tell on her face that she loves all the wonderful things and creatures Heavenly Father has created for this world. I couldn't take my eyes off her, and she couldn't take hers off the animals.



She was soooo excited to see the elephants. People would walk by her and she would start giggling and pointing at the elephants to try and get their attention, and try climbing up the chain-link fence to get a better look.




She loved playing on the playground, and met a really sweet Japanese little girl who shared her shrimp fries with her. A peacock came running through the middle of the play area and Eden began to chase it with a few other kids. We saw soooo many peacocks that day, Eden could say the word "peacock" almost perfectly by the end of the day.

Eden had a good time playing in the petting Keiki Zoo, and we even saw a dead Lamma. I thought this sign about the mother chickens talking to her eggs was quite cute.
She loved petting the goats and a pig. Unfortunately they were cleaning the Koi pond because Eden LOVES fish.





Oh, and one more photo I forgot. Eden loved putting sunscreen on my face, while I put it on hers. I'd say she did a pretty good job. It was a really really fun morning.





Then we picked Dad back up, and Eden took a nap in the back while we drove on to Makaha. Eden and I had sooo much fun playing at the beach at the end of the road. She realized for the first time that her feet make foot prints in the sand as she walked away, and she thought that was pretty cool. 2 seconds later she discovered her shaddow, but she mostly just found it curious. She didn't take long to look at it, and began walking again towards the tide pools. (Which the life-guards thankfully came to kick us out of because of the unpredictable tide). It was sooo beautiful there, and we had the beach nearly to ourselves.




We left to get Dad who was going to be done with his meeting soon, and got a tuna sushi roll from 7-eleven to snack on while we waited. It was really delicious!

Well, this post is quite long, and I still have more to tell you. But, I better do it later. And if you actually read this far...thanks!!! I hope you enjoyed it.

6 comments:

Kristine Parker said...

That was the funnest update post i have ever seen!!! It was so fun to see your little growing belly! You look so cute! And Eden is adorable at the zoo. I read the whole post and wished there was more so keep adding! Love ya!

echo said...

i did read the whole thing. and yes, it was enjoyable.

Rob, Brooke, Breanna and Ethan said...

i also loved reading it and read the whole post :) you are such a cute prego woman and man it was so fun to see and hear all about eden :)

rachele and jordan said...

You look good Matti! Eden's getting so big and she looks so cute in all your pictures.

Erin said...

i looove edens face when your shirt is up! so classic! your tummy is adorable!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmm mom I love them wearing cotton training pants especially pink, I love the way they caress the back of my hand when i am feeling a little toddlerspussy,sometimes I can get my great niece to sit still long enough I can get my fingers in her and play with it long enough to cumin my shorts , love you to watch mecum while I did your daughter

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod