Thursday, November 6, 2008

-Nov 2 2008 Thankful Backpost-

Number 2 thing I am thankful for is my wonderful sweet sweet sweet little girl Eden Noelani. Her middle name means something along the lines of "Mist of heaven" or "beautiful child from heaven". I've heard both translations, and both are very true. This little girl is definately from heaven. She definately has her moments when I am not sure I want to claim her as my own like when she tantrums on shopping trips in the middle of the isle, or breaks my eye-glasses, or throws items in the toilet, pulls papers off the desk, throws her food from her high chair, or is just generally whiney, or drags out her bed time for an extra hour. But 90% of the time she is sweet and loving. She is polite and usually says "me" and "dee-dough" (please and thank-you) and I am so proud ane pleased when she does. If I ask her to give me something she shouldn't have (my phone, scissors, pens, etc.) she is usually compliant and says "Ee a go". She generally doesn't put up a fuss when it's time to go to nursery. She helps me get ready when it's time to go by finding the keys and getting my shoes. She shares her food and toys with her friends (and me), she says "I love you" and gives us hugs and kisses all day. She learns words quite quickly and tries to copy everything I say. Her newest phrase is "Where'd a go?" She loves to read books and sing songs like the Itty Bitty spider. She keeps a smile on my face, and she's a great mommy to her babies. She loves to wrap them in blankets, pat them on the back, shush them, feed them her lunch, share her water, read to them, teach them how to make an "iddy bitty spider" and make sure they feel loved. I know she'll be a great big sister. She's in love with her daddy, and can't wait till he gets home. If she has to fall asleep before he gets home, she wakes up every night on her own to cuddle with him before settling back in her own crib. She puts up with my own short-comings as a mother, and my lack of patience. She loves all animals (except the bugs which daddy taught her to squish with her fingers), and actually is very good at cleaning things up. She loves to throw away garbage and walks around the house singing the "clean up song" while she puts away her toys even if I haven't asked. I am amazed at what this little girl has learned in her short 19 months here on the earth. And I am so so so thankful to my Heavenly Father for blessing our lives with this sweet mist of heaven that is our little Eden.

4 comments:

Rob, Brooke, Breanna and Ethan said...

i love your thankful posts. thank you for writing about your blessings, it makes me inspired to do the same!

Stephanie said...

hey- saw what you wrote on echo's blog- booksandbroads.blogspot.com to get book club info

but just to let you know since we would love for you to be a part for sure!!!: the next one is tues. nov. 25th at 8PM at my house and the book is to kill a mockingbird so get readin! :)

Stephanie said...

check out the book blog for party planning stuff- thanks pal!

Bonnie said...

Hi Sweetie:-) You sure do a great job! Thanks for sharing. I am only sad I can't be there with you for some of your adventures! Looking forward to seeing you soon...Lots of LOVE!!! Mom btw I am SO thankful for you:-)

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod