Tuesday, November 25, 2008

On the Road Again!

The blogging road that is. Well, so much for my thankful daily post this month. My Internet has been very unpredictable all month, so I haven't felt very inclined to write and awesome post, only to have my Internet cut out before I publish it.

So! I will do it this way...

THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR!
#3. Having Internet that works from time to time
#4. Being able to listen to Dr. Laura most days on my computer as background noise (when Internet is working). I just really like this lady's opinion...and boy is she opinionated.
#5. A sweet baby who is napping right now, so I can enjoy the sounds of silence in my house. She woke up way too early this morning to greet us. Thankfully she went back to sleep in our bed, so I could sleep an extra hour.
#6. Awesome friends who invite me to do stuff with them. I feel so loved. Thanks guys.
#7. The healthy baby moving in my belly. Even though I complain of the 30 lbs. he has made me gain already, thankfully I will be able to get the weight off once I am chasing both babies around.
#8. A loving husband who is at working right now, so I can be home writing this.
#9. Being able to go out with friends last Saturday to the Twilight matinee. I am also thankful that I really enjoyed the movie, and the extra large popcorn, and the Farrell's burger and fries we had after. (BTW- Did that food Bella and her Dad were eating at the diner make anyone else hungry?)
#10. A flu bug that only lasted 10 hours. As soon as I got home from the movie (after my sweet husband stayed home from 1pm-7:30pm watching our bug), he continued watching her while I threw up all the fun I had that day and then some over the next 10 hours.
#11. My house, even though it is NEVER CLEAN no matter how hard I try or don't try, and sometimes it feels a little like we are constantly stepping on each others feet here. At least I have this beautiful home.
#12. My sewing machine!! I have been sewing like a mad lady this month. So far, projects include, curtains for living room, curtains for bed-room, quiet book for Eden, baby blanket for friend, dress for Eden, and I made Eden a few new head-bands (with hot glue) but I count hot glueing as sewing. Now, if only I could bring myself to finishing Eden's couch before the end of the month.
#13. Old friends who call to say hi. I love hearing from my old friends. And when you are pregnant, it seems they call often to see how you are feeling. I love catching up with you guys...I miss you too.
#14. A fly swatter. My house has become infested with flies. As embarassed as I am to announce this publicly my house came down with a case of maggots last week. So, today and yesterday I have been killing an average of 2 flies an hour. (We switched to a larger garbage recepticle, so we didn't need to take the garbage out every night. I blame this for the infestation. We have since switched back to the smaller bucket)
#15. My sweet visiting teacher, and friends who have invited me to their homes for Thanksgiving. I can't wait to visit with everyone on Thursday, and gain 30 more lbs.
#16. The cute photo book my Mother-in-Law sent to Eden so she can learn faces before we go home for Christmas. Eden loves looking at her book of Ma-ma, Papa, and Nana (Breanna) and Rio.
#17. My cell phone that my dad gave me for Christmas last year. I think of him almost everytime I look at it. My friends call me and text me, and I get to take lots of fun photos and catch great moments of Eden when I don't have a real camera around.
#18. The fact that most of my family will most-likely still be in Utah when I go home for Christmas.
#19. The free turkey we got from Foodland using 2 Reward tickets.
#20. This 70% dark chocolate that I found on sale at 7-Eleven for $.85...which has probably attributed to a lot of my 30 lbs.
#21. We are headed home for the holidays in 23 days!
#22. The lunch I am about to go eat. Probably a turkey sandwich.
#23. Skype family conference calls on sundays.
There! 23+2=25. Today is the 25th, so I am all cought up. I'll add some photos after lunch!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

well good job catching us up!

rachele and jordan said...

Matti! We definitely need to hang out over Christmas break in Utah and you should post some belly pics!

Melissa said...

haha matti! you just crack me up!
cute list!

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod