Sunday, May 4, 2008

No changing table?



I imagine all you mommy's have a story like this one. I have several, but I just remembered this one. When I was at my friend's wedding I noticed Eden had a leaky diaper when I picked her up out of her stroller cause her little diaper cover was wet. Well, I told the girl sitting at the table next to me "If I'm not out in 10 minutes...HELP!" She laughed. Little did she know (since she has no kids) I was COMPLETELY serious.
So, when I walked into the bathroom I noticed there was no changing table and I thought "Great~ this will be interesting." So, I took off Eden's diaper cover and tights to survey the damage. Just as I suspected, poop running all down the leg and had also blown out up her back. So, since there was no changing table, I took the liberty of taking Eden's clothes off and giving her a bath in the bathroom sink. Just needed to wipe off her legs of course. Luckly it wasn't so bad up her back cause it didn't get on her dress. Anyway, I was praying no one would walk into the bathroom while I was bathing her. Luckily, no one did.

After the mock bath. I set her on the counter sitting on some paper towels, and noticed that somehow she had gotten poop up her arms, and in her hair. I still have no idea how that happened. So, I grabbed a wipey for that. Anyway, I realized I couldn't put her tights back on, and it was FREEZING in the place where the were holding the reception. So, Intead I just put Eden in her pink sweat pants. I could have fully just put her in her pajamas, but I still wanted her to be cute for the wedding reception. Afterall, I had spent an hour making a matching butterfly clip! ;-)... And she was going to look cute dangit!!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

this happened to me on the mainland as well! i hate these disasters but they sure make for some great stories later. :)

stef j. said...

happened to me three days ago in Hale'Iwa. I didn't do the bath in the sink though - one of the drains with a strainer things on it + chunks of ... you know = lots of paper towels and baby wipes. And I did the paper towels on the counter thing too. :)

Melissa said...

haha!! love the sweatpants dress combo. It's going to start a new trend, like the jeans with a skirt trend a few years back.

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod