Sunday, May 25, 2008

This is NOT an Announcement ;-)


This is not an announcement. It's just a photo I found as I was editing old ones this morning. Somehow Eden has slept in past 6:30 this morning (it's now 8:02) and I woke up at 6:55. Actually everyone is sleeping, so I have been editing photos this morning. It is my new hobby. I've never really known how to edit the color and stuff. So this morning I have been cropping and editing. I can't say I'm any good at it, I just think it's fun. ANYWAY, I came across this old pregnant photo, and I just really like it. Most people like seeing preggy photos so I thought I'd post it and show you all what I once looked like at 195 lbs. Hard to believe that was over a year ago now. It seems like it was just days ago, and then again it feels like it was years ago. But, mostly it's just awesome to think about the life you had inside of you. It wasn't quite so real to me until I had Eden, and my brain finally made the connection that this little thing was really in my belly. Even after I had her, and I was sitting in the recovery room (after a c-section you can't be with your baby for about an hour while you are being monitored, 90 minutes in my case) I remember just staring at my belly and I just couldn't believe that all of a sudden my baby wasn't in there anymore. But, now I think it's the coolest thing when I see another pregnant lady and before I just thought they were cute. Just because my brain knows that there really is a little life growing in there. I just think it's the coolest thing. Anyway, this post is longer than I anticipated. But, I just love being a mommy. It IS the coolest thing.

2 comments:

Kristine Parker said...

Guess what? I think this is the only picture I have seen of you pregnant! I never saw you after my mission until Edan was born. You are very cute pregnant!!!

Matti said...

Hahaha, thanks! I think this photo is just from a few days before she was born. Hopefully we'll get to see each other pregnant this Christmas. ;-) Allthough, we are planning on trying till this summer, so even if I am pregnant, I won't be very far along.

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod