Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

And yesterday they had a blast. I was planning to take Eden and Addi to a friend's house nearby who has a nice swing-set and slide in her back-yard. But I was also trying to hurry and get the house clean before we left. (Our shower is coming un-glued from the wall, but every time the land-lord is at our property, I am too embarrassed to bring him in the house to show him the shower. You would have to know my land-lord and how pristine he likes to keep things to understand how nerve wracking it can be to bring him into your home when last nights dishes haven't been washed and Eden has dumped her raisins on the floor for the 3rd time that morning.)

Anyway, back to the fun part. So, I finally finished cleaning everything to shiny and sparkly, just in case he showed up to look at the shower. I texted Stef to let her know I was on my way to get Addi... and literally 2 seconds later it began to pour cats and dogs. Not too much of a surprise tough. We've had lots of rainy days here lately.

So, I didn't want to disappoint the girls because they were both looking forward to spending time together. So Addi came in our backyard to play. Since Jonathon was inside doing home-work I wanted to keep the girls out so he could concentrate. But since it was raining, they could only play on the patio.

Then I had a shot of inspiration!!! Baby swings!

What do you get when you tie baby dolls to bungee cords and hook the bungees to a clothes line?


















I believe this went on for a good 20 minutes+!

4 comments:

liko said...

hahaha - superbly clever, matti!!! only a mom could think something like that up! but it worked!

Stephanie said...

it looks so morbid and so fun!! haha :) these are really cute pictures.

Lisa H. said...

i want a baby spring! that is awesome. funny how the best toys are often the improvised ones.

p.s. i just can't get over how so incredibly cute eden is.

Rob, Brooke, Breanna and Ethan said...

wow! i'm impressed at your creativity and the girls look like they had a blast :)

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod