Thursday, March 12, 2009

I don't have photos to prove it...

But, I have the best friends in the world!

My friends offered to throw me a shower a few weeks ago, and asked me what I needed. I told them I didn't need anything, but it would be really fun to go out to dinner. So, I gave them a list of everyone I knew and looked forward to an evening with my friends, delicious Mexican food, and no distractions (aka...kids). A huge thanks by the way to all husbands who watched our little tykes while we went out for a great time. Thanks!

So, I was blessed to have 2 vans full of friends drive with me down to Kailua to a little Mexican place that serves my favorite burrito. It's the only thing I have ever ordered there, so I wasn't much help when it came to suggestions of what was good.

After we all ordered they said, "Let's to presents!" And I was kind of confused, and worried...cause I didn't need any presents... and I mostly didn't want anyone spending money on me cause I know times are tuff for a lot of us. I just wanted to have fun with my friends. Plus, I didn't see anyone carrying any packages in...so I was a little confused.

I was handed a small pile of papers. On top was an adorable hand-made card congratulating me on the coming little one. Under the card was an envelope that enclosed an awesome...amazing...wonderful gift any woman (especially one 9 mo. pregnant) would love. A mani/pedi certificate! Now that is being spoiled in my opinion. Frivolously spending money to get your nails done...and your limbs massaged. Hadn't had one in forever. The last one I got was with my dear sweet friend Abby back when Eden was born (Thanks again Abs...I still remember it!)

So, back to my stack of papers. The 3rd paper in the stack was folded and had another paper stuck inside. Printed on the paper was a cute, actually awesome looking, red, double stroller. I have been looking forever for a double stroller. It was one of the things I still needed for this baby. But, I had planned on buying one for $10 from a friend of mine. Just something to push the kids around in ya know? So, I open this paper and printed on there was this....


I didn't know what to think. I didn't dare think they bought me a stroller. Who buys their friends a stroller??? I will tell you who buys their friend a stroller...MY AWESOME AMAZING FRIENDS! I still can't believe it. I still can't believe a lot of things, like I am having a BABY TOMORROW! So, after opening the paper, I sat there staring at it for a few moments, trying to read all the features of the stroller, looking around the table of all my friends cute faces laughing at how confused I was. I didn't know what to say. I still don't! I feel so lucky! (I love the seats of this thing. You can turn both of them either direction so the kids can face you, face out, or face each other!)

So, after I went through my stack of papers, our food was brought out. Everyone food looked great! Except Meg's had some odd BRIGHT green sauce on it, that supposedly was "chili verde". I hadn't received my food yet, which also was supposed to have "chili verde" on it. So, we waited to see what mine looked like. Sure enough! BRIGHT GREEN SAUCE. If this hadn't been my all-time favorite burrito, you bet I would have been sending that thing back to the kitchen. So, I suggested to Meg to send hers back, and I am soooo glad she did. I hope you like what you ended up with. She was so sweet about not complaining and even trying a few bites of the stuff. I love you Meg, you are awesome. You will have to see a picture of it. No one remembered their camera, except Stef. So, when I get photos, I will be posting.

Anyway, I loved what I ordered (minus electric green sauce), and I somehow managed to eat the whole thing MYSELF! And dinner with my friends was such a treat!! Especially when your friend covers your bill. ;-)

After dinner we walked across the street to Cold Stone. DELICIOUS. I had peanut butter ice cream with brownies and marshmallows. I just love the chewiness of frozen marshmallows!

So, we devoured our treats and started heading back towards the cars. We walked past Echo's van first and decided to keep walking. I had a suspicious feeling they were up to something. Everyone seemed to have "that look" on their face. So we walked towards Stef J's van and I noticed the back door open. I thought it was the stroller. I imagined myself pulling it out and running up and down the parking lot with it. I turned the corner to look in the back...and what did I see?.....It had 4 wheels, but it wasn't a stroller. Any guesses?

A BASSINET! This baby had no bed, and I was beginning to worry. Eden never had a bed. She slept in a drawer the first week, a swing the next, she did have a hand-me down bassinet for a few weeks, and then a suitcase till she was 4 mo. Jonathon made her the suit-case bed after she fell out of ours one night when I fell asleep nursing her. She finally got her crib at 6 mo.

But not this little guy! He has his very own (super cute I might add) rocking bassinet. Again, I was dumb-founded. Absolutely shocked.

So, my friends were all standing around me in a semi-circle and I just didn't know what to say. Part of me wanted to cry cause I felt so blessed, but I was just too excited...and shocked. I just can't believe how many AMAZING friends I have, who have gone out of their way for me so often. I feel like I have 12 extra sisters here with me. Not everyone could make it that night, and we missed you guys. But thank you all so very very very much for spoiling me and this new baby who comes tomorrow. I am so excited for him to meet all of you, cause you are the most amazing friends (who are more like sisters).


UPDATE: I went to get my nails done yesterday...AMAZING! Thanks again Stef for listening to Eden's monitor and watching her once she was up. If you want an amazing pedicure, go to the place in Laie. The guy rubbed my swollen feet and calves for like 15 min! And, don't be retarted like me. Their seats recline...and massage. I didn't realize this for the first 10 minutes. I sat upright with the baby in my ribs, till I noticed the girl next to me all reclined and relaxed. It was then, that I noticed the remote to heaven. I now have super cute water-melon pink toes(in honor of the 10 water-melons I ate over the course of 10 days at the begining of this pregnancy) to stare at in the hospital and shiny black finger-nails. I know, black may seem like an odd color, but I really like them. They will go great with the cute turquoise robe (my other awesome sister/friend Ryan) sent me.

So, if you are in Kailua this weekend...come visit us!!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

i love that the watermelon picture has good old ambrose taking food from a nauseous pregnant woman! hahaha

i love it. :) classic :)

well it was fun to read the re-cap of your big night and i am so glad that you got that mani-pedi- you certainly deserved it! cant wait to meet this little guy finally!

Kristine Parker said...

You do have wonderful friends!!! I'm glad you are getting taken care of. I have so many people giving me clothes and toys and things it's been great. Freiends are awesome! Good Luck tomorrow. I am so excited to see pictures of him!!! Congratulations! Love ya!

echo said...

what a fun night!

Rob, Brooke, Breanna and Ethan said...

good luck tomorrow matti! i'm so glad your friends were such angels to you and have made this baby shower such a wonderful experience!

liko said...

i did have fun!!!

wood0306 said...

YAY Matti... I am so happy for you. I also want to thank your FABULOUS girl friends. It means so much that you are being taken care of. I love you to death and miss you so much. I am so proud of you.
Love ya tons and tons and tons~~~

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod