Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Having Some F~U~N!!

We have been having a lot of fun since Grandma got here. It'll be sad (and very challenging I fear) when she has to go back in 2 weeks :-( I don't know how I will ever keep up on my laundry, dishes, and meals. I haven't washed a load of anything for 22 days, nor have I had to make food more complicated than cereal!! Needless to say, we have all been very spoiled. Thanks again for everything Mom!

She's made it soooo easy to get out of the house, whether it's with 1 baby or both. She's always willing and ready to help me. And the other awesome thing I have to share about my Mom is that she hasn't stepped on my "Mommy toes". You would think it might get annoying having your mom around after 5 weeks, feeling like she was always watching, thinking or saying "You should do it this way...yadda yadda yadda." But she hasn't! And, she always asks me how to handle Eden, or what to feed her, give her, or whatever. I'm sure she knows how to do it better since she's raised 5 of her own...but she doesn't rub it in. So thanks for that too Mom. I don't know if it's something you have made a conscience effort to do, but you have been great to have around...just wanted you to know.

Yesterday we took a drive up to Haleiwa, and had fun getting some dang good burgers, Matsumoto's, and my favorite...mochi ice-cream! And thanks to my awesome friends it was super easy to get around town in my super awesome double stroller!! Eden loves riding in this thing.
(These photos are from the day we got it)So many people have mentioned to me what a nice stroller I have! So, thanks again guys! I feel like one cool (and stylish) mom when I am out and about.



Enjoying a katsup appetizer while waiting for our hamburgers and fries ;-)


Today we went in search of sun. We drove to Sunset, but realized that it was cooler and more windy there. So, we headed back to Turtle Bay...and it was nearly perfect. The sun peaked out every now and then, Eden had a wonderful time, and Texton slept for the whole 2+ hours! Actually it was funny. When we started walking towards the beach Eden said, "FRIENDS!!!" And started running as she shouted "Ambose! Addi! Ambose!" She was a little sad that her friends weren't at the beach waiting...but soon made new friends to run around with and steal sand buckets from.


Chasing helicopters
Eden spent a while trying to figure out how to climb into this canoe.

Then she found the shower and had fun turning it on, but couldn't quite figure out how to turn it off.




Enjoying a delicious snack...Eden style.


The NEW FRIENDS we met
Just before I took these last pictures, Eden met some new friends, a brother and a sister. I had a few conversations with the little girl and found her quite amusing. Read and enjoy below.

Conversation 1

Me: What's your name?
Her: Molly
Me: Molly?
Her: No, Molly
Me: Oh, Molly?
Her: Nooo, Molly. My nick-name is MoMo

Me: Momo?
Her: Nooo. MOmo
Me: I'm sorry. MoMo?
Her: Noooo. MmoMo
Me: Hmmmm...

After that we both gave up.

CONVERSATION 2
Her: I'm 3. How old is she?
Me: She'll be 2 on friday.
Her: Ya, but how old is she N-oW??
Her Brother: She's 1!
Me: Ya, she's 1. ;-)

CONVERSATION 3 (A little less talk, a lot more action)

"Momo" picks up a rock (roughly the size of 3 adult hands stacked together)
Me: Wow, That's a big rock! What are you going to do with that rock? I ask as I nervously look over at Eden who is standing a short throwing distance from the rock in the 3 year olds hands.

Momo: Looks up in the sky
Me: Oh...No No Noooo!

Just as I shout no, Momo throws the rock into the sky watching it go up, and then quickly back down, landing on her own face.
Me: Are you okay
Momo runs crying into the nearby resturaunt to find her mother who is eating inside.

Her Brother: What happened? Did she throw it at herself?
Me: Yup
Brother exits left to check on Momo.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thanks for being such a great hostess--I have loved being here and will miss you TONS when I leave...glad I am making the grade:-) Mom

echo said...

she threw it at herself? hahahaha. is that mean of me to laugh at that?

stef j. said...

1st: your pictures are AWESOME!

2nd: MOmo is HILARIOUS!! pwah ha ha!!! i can't believe she threw it at herself!!

3rd: when do you want to do familly pics??

liko said...

hahaha!!! the rock incident. looks like a whole lotta fun with mom! was that kua'aina burgers? yummm, haven't had one in years, been too long! and yeah, that stroller looks awesome!

wood0306 said...

Ok... 1st... Your mom is GREAT about that stuff. I notice the same when she is at our house!
2nd... I love that Eden has hair that is blowing in the wind. That's exciting! 3rd... The new frinds, that is just HILARIOUS!!!

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod