Monday, September 15, 2008

Shout Out to Stephanie and Kathy!!

Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank Kathy Smith for making this wonderful pregnancy workout, and my dear friend Stephanie for letting me borrow her wonderful cheesy 1989 Pregnancy Workout DVD. It was great to see their colorful onesie workout outfits with stretch pants and mis-matched scrunch socks.

I've been wanting to get back into working out for a long time now, but haven't had the energy or stomach. So, lately I have been feeling like this. Well, this morning I did the warm up and 10 minutes of the aerobics section and felt so confident I went to the beach and wore no shorts! Haven't done that since I started putting on weight like crazy 4 weeks ago. I've tried a few times to go for walks with Eden, but don't make it more than 1 time around the block cause it's too hot outside, and my heart rate climbs super fast. So, I usually end up feeling dizzy and nautious and go home to eat 2 bowls of cereal in order to feel normal. So, after burning 30 cals on my walk, I go home and eat a good 350+.

I am starting a different workout video next week (in addition to this one). It's called Complete Pregnancy Fitness. I won it on eBay yesteray for about $13 total. Amazon had some pretty good reviews about it, so I'll let you know in a few days what I think.

My goal with this pregnancy is to NOT gain 50 lbs. like I did with the first one. That was NOOOO fun to work off. I tried to workout when I was pregnant with Eden by walking and swimming about 4 days a week at the pool.

Well, that's all for now. Wish me luck (to not gain 50 lbs)! Thanks again Kathy and Stephanie. I feel like a new me. Oh, and just for sentimental-ness. At the end of Kathy's video she has a 5 minute relaxing thing. She goes through guided relaxation and talks about the warm lighted glow going over your baby and around your belly. And I just laid there and thought about how cool it was that there really was a baby in there and I got pretty excited and started feeling pregnant instead of "just sick" if you know what I mean. So, that was pretty cool.

5 comments:

echo said...

that sounds like a great goal! if i ever get pregnant again then that will be my goal too. 50 lbs was too much for me as well. i hope you have fun sweating with the pregnant ladies wearing scrunch socks and leotards.

Stephanie said...

the three of us should have a "i gained 50 lbs. club" crazy! 50lbs! our activities would include throwing eggs at the lucky self-controlled people who only gain 25 or 30 ;)

i am glad the cheziness is working out for you my love! i never actually did that video (maybe that's why i gained so much- haha) so it is good to know it is a good one.

Ashley C said...

Good luck Matti! I am so excited for you! I miss being pregnant. Its so fun and amazing. I hope you start feeling better soon.

ashley said...

hi! so we are going to do embroidery night tomorrow. we are going to start around 8:30 but feel free to come whenever you can!
email me and i will email you with directions to my in-laws where we will have it
moffat949atgmaildotcom

wood0306 said...

You are amazing!!! Way to go MOM. Keep in mind that this time you also have Eden to chase around, which is a whole other type of workout in itself!!! However a HUGE KUDOS for the additional workout ;)

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod