Monday, November 9, 2009

Well, we could go to the "Z" "O" "O"

So, last saturday morning...(after an 11 mile jog/walk) Jonathon and I were secrety discussing in front of Eden what we should do for the day.

Since we don't like her to get too excited about what we may or may not do that day, we try to speak in code and spell things out instead of just saying them.
So, we were debating. And Jonathon said, "Well, we could head to the 'Z..o...o' today". Just then Eden's little head pops up. "I wanna see elephants!" She shouted. "I wanna go zoo!!"

And so our minds were made up. Off to the zoo we went....like a herd of snails. I can't believe how much time it takes to get 2 kids ready to get out the door for a day. Snacks? check, change of clothes? check, potty break? check, strollers? check, kids? check, car seats in car? check...yadda...yadda. I swear it took over an hour.

Saddly the price of parking had gone up 4 times!! It used to be 25 cents an hour. Now- 25 cents for 15 minutes! And admission was up $2 a person too. So, we decided to just buy a years pass instead. So, now we will have LOTS of trips to the zoo to look forward too. Especially after those water park passes expire at the end of the year.

I didn't have my camera cause the batteries were dead, but I got a few with my phone before the batteries on that died too.





Yes, she really just layed down on the ground and snuggled with the goats at the petting zoo...classic Eden.



Tex didn't seem to get too excited about anything. He just enjoyed cruising in the stroller for the most part.

To finish the evening off, we headed to Chuck E Cheese, and we were determined not to spend any money. So, Eden played in the free Jungle Gym there and cought a few rides on the carousel, jeep, and trolly on some other kids dime. ;-)

And on the way home we made a stop at Orange Tree. One of our favorite self serve frozen yogurt treats. I'd say it was a great day.

This is tooo funny - a must read
So, we get home late...it's pitch dark. I can barely see. We are standing at the door to the house waiting for Jonathon to unlock the house. He unlocks it and flips on the porch light where Eden Tex and I are still standing. And in Eden's hand is a toad...and she is holding him just like so, "baby talking" to it.

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

That girl is amazing...lol. A vet in training I would say...

Thanks for sharing your day with us;-)

Stephanie said...

where did she come from????? she is awesome! i love orange tree too!

echo said...

eden eden eden. i love you, you crazy girl.

liko said...

eden the animal-lover!!

and the zoo = fun fun fun!!!

The Waldon Family said...

Haha, I laughed so hard when you said "a herd of snails". :) Eden is darling, Matti.

Shanae said...

So cute! I love the Zoo. your kids are such so adorable. it was good to see you the other day at Jacks party :)

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod