Monday, November 9, 2009

What is looks like to be a sick mommy

Don't worry, I'm not sick again*knock on wood*, but when you have a "Sick Mommy Day" at my house, it looks something like this...

You spend most your day lying on the couch with your 2 year old restrained in a restraining device such as this...


While she watches movies on the computer

And when she gets bored you blow some bubbles at each other and try to pop them...And your house starts to look like thisAnd you are hoping there are no choking hazzards on the floor becuase a sweet little man is crawling around everywhere his 4 limbs will carry him...and every so often he pops up on your couch to say hello...

Though it wasn't fun being sick, I am soooooooooo thankful that my 2 kiddos were soooooooooo easy going that day. What 2 year old stays willingly in her high chair from 10am till 1 pm? And before she was in her high chair she was on the ground playing with her brother making sure he wasn't playing with anything he shouldn't be (ie: electrical cords, papers, and assorted choking hazards)...she is really an amazing Mamma's helper. Thanks so much Eden. I couldn't have made it through the day without you.

And by day 2, I was feeling all better. Except for the little man, who seemed to have caught what I had. But the good part about that was all the snuggle time we had on that same couch.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh, I remember those days so well;-)

Stephanie said...

yes asher finally seems to be doing better but then I GOT IT! meh.

i tried to teach my class this morning anyway and barely got through it, skipped my office hour after, raced home and have been wallowing around in my pjs ever since. :(

liko said...

oh no, steph!

glad you're up and at 'em again, matti!!

Leisa Tapia said...

holy crap! that's ME everyday!

I love the mess!! :)

and glad you're feeling better!

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod