Saturday, October 11, 2008

3 of the nicest..AMAZING Ladies Around!

SO, as you have all read lately I am sick of moving. And the cleaning of our old place has been tormenting me for a little over a week now too. I'd be worn out by Eden's naptime, so I'd have to sleep for a good half of it. Then when I was working (for 1 hour) it was a snails pace. I've moved Eden's bedtime to 8:30/9:00 to comply with Jonathon's new schedule. This helps her sleep through the night. YAY!! So, when I tried to clean I usually brought Eden with me and spent half my time keeping her out of cleaning supplies or keeping things out of sockets. And my nightime sickness seemed to kick in again. I couldn't stay up past 9:30 without puking. It was daunting. That was true...up untill 2 days ago.

This is what happened.

I went on a shopping spree Thursday. Wal-Mart, Savers, and Costco to get some things for our new place...and food. (Sorry mommies who have been dying to go to Savers with me. I figured you didn't want to be gone with me from 7:30-3 or later. I'll be going again soon [1 or 2 weeks] to find clothes to fit this growing belly and bottom though. You are definately invited then.)

Anyway, when I return and finally get the wal-mart, savers, and trunk load of Costco put away. I sit down to take a break. Jonathon keeps asking me, "Are you going to work on the front place tonight?" In as calm of a voice I can muster I keep answering, "If I have any energy after I finish up here." Finally, asking after several times he says, "Well, could you at least go up and grab the box of books? I need one of them to do my homework tonight." So, I sat and rested for 3 more minutes and got up relunctantly. I did not want to have to look at that mess again tonight.

I walked to the door, unlocked it, and as soon as I opened it a rush of clean smell blew in my face. (Lysol, 409, Mr. Clean, etc.) And I thought to myself, "Well, at least it smells clean in here". Then, I flip on the lights to find the box. And this is what I saw (PHOTO TO BE INSERTED HERE BY THE END OF THE DAY...STILL HAVEN'T TAKEN ONE YET).

It was completely cleaned. The fridge that was in the middle of the living room was in the kitchen in the correct spot, the floors were mopped, my walls were wiped, the furnature was arranged. The left-over boxes piled neatly on the couch, my piano was even dusted. Cleaning supplies were stored neatly on my clean kitchen counters. I had stuck "to do" sticky notes on each door of every room so I would know what task I had already accomplished. These angels (whoever they were) crossed off every task on my list and wrote DONE! at the bottom. I was dumb-founded, confused, excited, and wanted to cry. I couldn't believe it. I sat there for a moment to take it all in. Then grabbed the box and walked it back to Jonathon. I said, "Have you seen our place?" And he said, "I did through the window". I asked, "Who did this?" He pointed to our neighbors, Stefani J and Isabel. I immediatly thought, "How in the world did they get this done? They have 2 kids...EACH!. I couldn't get it done with my 1!" So, I walked to the neighbors to tell them thank you and my joy was beginning to overwhelm me and make me cry. I found out there was a 3rd helper in all of this. Cassie Lee, who has 1.85 kids. She's due in November, which I think in ways is harder than 2 kids when it comes to cleaning.

I was flabber-gasted...and soooo completely thankful. I was beginning to think I was never going to be out of that place. I kept telling myself I'd be done by the end of the day, but barely crossed 2 items of my list (from 1 room) by the end of the day. It took the 3 of them several hours, so I was probably looking at a good few days still to get it done myself.

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much.

Anyway ladies, I can't thank you enough for the amazing service you gave me that day.

9 comments:

AJones said...

SO sweet. I almost started crying! That is such a good reminder to look out for opportunities to serve...or find better friends, like yours.;)

Melissa said...

yes definitely VERY sweet of them. I feel relieved for you, cause I know how daunting cleaning can be. And when you have to do it all on your own it's even worse. Especially if your like me and SUCK at cleaning, iT takes me an eternity to get anything done!

I'm glad that they seized the opportunity to serve you. What great friends you have!

wood0306 said...

I just want to throw out a HUGE THANK YOU as well. I love the fact that you have friends that would do this for you. And I know that this is a pay it forward situation and all just goes in circles. Just goes to show that you are a wonderful person Matti, and people out there know that you would do the same for them. I am so happy for you!!! ENJOY :)

wood0306 said...

You have been tagged!!! View my blog :)

stef j. said...

thanks matti. it was seriously our pleasure. we loved it!

Stephanie said...

that is so so great! i got invired to partake in the secret mission and was out working- i am so glad they were able to get everything done and that now you dont have to worry about it anymore! wish i could have pitched in too.

Ashley C said...

That was the sweetest thing ever! I just about cried. All 3 of them are such sweet girls- I'm not surprised. What a relief that must be!! I dispise moving also. Its so exhausting.

Christina said...

How sweet of them! I miss the community feeling in Hawaii....

Congrats on moving though!

Ashley C said...

Thank you so much for your comments! So many good ideas!! I love Salmon and pesto. I will definitely try making pesto soon.

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod