Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Super Dooper Pooper!!


So, over the past few weeks Eden has taken a true interest in toilet training...with no pushing from me. I figured, this was something we'd start tackeling when she was closer to 2. But from time to time she would ask to sit on the potty. Well, yesterday she asked to sit on the potty. (Here is the long story. If you don't wish to hear it skip to next paragraph.) Earlier that morning she pooped in her diaper and started freaking out. I thought it was odd because she has never cared before if she was running around in a poopy diaper. But for some reason she was really bothered this time. So, I changed her and fed her luch. After lunch she was running around as I was fiddeling on the computer. I heard her in the bathroom and thought, "Great! I left the door open. What is she throwing in the toilet this time?" So, I go in to check and she is trying to put her toilet seat cover on the toilet and saying, "poopoo poopoo." So I help her put the cover on and set her ontop. I didn't take off her diaper cause she never goes anyway, and I was ready to put her down for a nap and was just being lazy. Well, she freaked out and said, "No no! bapoo bapoo!" Translation, NO DIAPER! So, I annoyingly took her diaper off and set her back on the toilet.

And to my shock and amazement when she got off there was poopoo in the toilet! I couldn't believe my eyes. She really did need to go. I wondered if it was just a fluke thing or if we were really onto something.

Well, today when I was puting Eden down for her nap she said "poo poo! Poo poo! Poo Poo!" She often says anything her little brain can think of before having to go to bed to try and get out of it (wawa, ambo, addi, cacker, food, etc.), so I was going to blow it off. Till I saw her "poopoo" look on her face. So we rushed into the bathroom, sat her on the toilet on her pink princess toilet cover, and waited. Sure enough after a few moments she went again!! She was sooooo excited and proud (so was I of course) and it was sooo stinkin' cute. To celebrate she had 2 otter-pops, which Eden refers to as "lilly-ca"s). Congratulations monkey! I can't believe you are really growing up.

3 comments:

Ashley C said...

Wow! That's amazing!! Probably the easiest toilet training experience in the world!! Way to go, Eden!!

Jodemasterflex said...

3 cheers for the Edenator!

Bonnie said...

Way to go Edeebee;) Love, Grandma B

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod