Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Butterflies and More Butterflies


So, I have decided to do Eden's room with a butterfly garden theme. I've always planned on doing her room in a garden theme (hello, her name IS Eden). But, I have a few butterflies from her mobile when she was an infant, so I thought I would break that apart and incorporate it into her room. We had fun yesterday making butterflies by shaving crayons and melting the shavings onto paper with an iron. We hung these from her ceiling.


She loves them. We only made 3, but I plan to make more soon. (Eden actually sat in her high chair and ate crayons, and colored a little while I made these).

It's been fun decorating her little room.


I think it's the perfect size for her. I love our little house, it is perfect for us. I really enjoy being here. It's so much easier to entertain friends or watch other kids, the patio is perfect, the yard is perfect, and it just feels like home. I love it!!

11 comments:

Tane and Angela said...

props to you matti! i love the butterflies..wanna do ava's room?=)

AJones said...

CUTE LOVE IT..but where are the IKEA stars? Sorry about today I was still teaching and then I had a 2 hr meeting and tonight I have procrastinated posting grades so I am like frantically working on those...SORRY! I will call you this weekend. I am excited to get caught up!

Rob, Brooke, Breanna and Ethan said...

oh my goodness! her room is so cute! you have done an amazing job! very good decorating.

Unknown said...

I love all the butterflies. Very Creative

Stephanie said...

great job matti! very very cute and i was so curious to see the crafty butterflies- would have been fun to join in- maybe next time.

The Fantastic Four said...

LOVE IT!! SO CUTE!! =) You are such a fun mom.

Ashley C said...

I love it!! You did a great job!!

rachele and jordan said...

Eden's room looks great!

Erin said...

what a great girls room! soooo adorable!

wood0306 said...

Love it. It fits you both. I am soooooo HAPPY that you are HAPPY in your new home :)

Rob, Brooke, Breanna and Ethan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod