Thursday, October 23, 2008

This week I want...

So, my craving seems to change from about week to week. But, sometimes it takes me a few days to figure out what sounds good. I got really tired of the goulash and pot roast after a few weeks, and now it sounds far from appetizing. For a week I wanted salmon every day, and lately I've been in an eating slump for about 2 weeks, but I finally figured out what I want! This week my new craving that I finally figured out is pumpkin.
Too bad it costs a bazillion $$ here on the island. I bought a can of it at foodland the other day for $4.50. I swear this stuff sells for $1.50 on the mainland.
Anyway, I made a batch of pumpkin soup Monday and it turned out quite delicious. I just ran out today, so I will probably be making pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, or pumpkin curry today. I'd make all of it if it wouldn't cost me $20. ;-) Probably something sweet sounds best though. So, come by for a visit if you are craving pumpkin too! ;-) Or you can come enjoy craving #2 tea. Yesterday I bought Jerusalem Mint with pomegranite (herbal of course). So, come join me for a tea party!

Note to pregnant friends. I looked up pregnant tea drinking online. This is what I found.
Which teas are not safe?
Many of the herbs used for teas, when taken in large or medicinal amounts, can potentially stimulate the uterus and induce miscarriage. These include anise, catnip, chamomile, comfrey, ephedra (called ma huang in traditional Chinese medicine), European mistletoe, hibiscus, horehound, Labrador, lemongrass, licorice root, mugwort, pennyroyal, raspberry leaf, rosemary, sage, sassafras, stinging nettle leaf, vetiver, and yarrow.

5 comments:

AJones said...

I want to come to the tea party!!!

Melissa said...

I'm not preggo but I've been craving too lately too and just bought some, so yes let's have a tea party!
also Chad insists that pregnant woman in korea don't get stretch marks because of how much pumpkin and squash they eat. maybe that's true, so I guess pumpkin is a good thing to crave!

Stephanie said...

catnip!?! uh oh... :)

Rob, Brooke, Breanna and Ethan said...

i'm sad for you that pumpkin costs so much in hawaii! can you get it cheaper at costco? i hope so! by the way CONGRATS on baby boy parker! i'm so excited that you guys found out and that you are so excited for him!

wood0306 said...

Wow... Pumpkin soup? Is that really such a thing. You are so funny. I am so excited for you. Just in general about everything. I miss you tons. I am already so excited to see you again :)Is it to early to sart the countdown till Christmas??? No.... I don't think so :)

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod