Friday, July 24, 2009

Sometimes I am guilty of this...

I don't try to be, but none the less.


Today after letting the kids run wild at the playground we headed to the Temple Visitors Center to try and escape some of the humidity and heat...yuck! The kids had a lot of fun running around, the sister missionaries made Tex laugh for a good 10 minutes straight as they played peek=a=boo and tickled him.

Eden and her friends ran around and watched "shows" (as Ambrose called them) on the TV's. At one point when I wasn't watching Eden ran behind the ropes to steal a star fish that she saw in one of the displays.

And us Mom's enjoyed some nice AC and were even allowed a few moments to relax in squishy chairs as we took turns nursing our new ones and watching each other's 2 year olds.

I'm glad I have such wonderful friends to hang out with. But I am most glad that I have the Gospel in my life. I have never expressed this on my blog, but it truely does bring me great joy. Sometimes I get so frustrated each evening after puting Eden to bed and I wonder what my purpose is as a mother. And I get frustrated with myself that I am not teaching her enough or spending enough time with her during the day. But, today as I was watching her explore the visitors center I felt a sense of calmness telling me that I am doing what is right by teaching her that her Heavenly Father loves her and that He wants her to do what is right to live with Him again someday. And that nothing else matters. Having the gospel in my life helps me to know what to cut out and what to keep, and for that I am greatful.

I loved watching Eden make sure that her baby also got to see Jesus. She said, "Look baby! You see Jesus? He up real high!" She also noticed the piercings in his hands and feet and lovingly asked if he needed bandaids. As we walked back to the car, I asked Eden "What was your favorite thing we did today?" I expected her to say the playground, but she said, "I saw Jesus Mommy". I pray that I can be the kind of Mom that will help her really meet our Savior one day.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

so so sweet and i think you really are that kind of mom! i feel the exact same frustrations, but then i get little whisperings at odd times that i should just keep my chin up and moving forward because i am doing what i am supposed to be doing. it's a rare and precious time of life!

Bonnie said...

Nothing pleases a mom more than to know her children walk in righteousness...you make me smile:)

Priceless!

Love you lots,

Mom

liko said...

love this. thanks for sharing, matti. and next time ya'll head over there, me and my kids wanna join ya!

echo said...

i love that pic. i might steal it and put it on my blog.
thanks for sharing your feelings. i think we all experience those feelings of doubt and discouragement. but just as you said, something happens or a thought comes to you and you feel ok with yourself and your kids.
you are great matti!

echo said...

i love that pic. i might steal it and put it on my blog.
thanks for sharing your feelings. i think we all experience those feelings of doubt and discouragement. but just as you said, something happens or a thought comes to you and you feel ok with yourself and your kids.
you are great matti!

Melissa said...

sweet! you're great matti!

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod