Sunday, July 26, 2009

Trauma at Taco Bell

Today we took Eden to Taco Bell to enjoy a delicious plate of triple layer nachos while we waited for our Pepperoni Pizza from nextdoor at Pizza Hut.



While we were there, Eden somehow managed to get her foot stuck...and I mean STUCK between the wall and the booth. I could tell as soon as I started to try and help her pry it out that it was going to be quite difficult. So I tried to make it seem funny to Eden by laughing a lot so she wouldn't get worried. She believed me for a minute or two, but eventually it got pretty painful for her, and she started getting pretty scared.


Jonathon tried to poor water on her leg to see if we could get it to slip, but it wasn't helping much. After a few minutes we asked the workers there if they had any grease we could borrow. By this point I was starting to get worried we might need to call a firetruck, and Eden was definately in tears.



A guy brought me a big tin of some sort of grease...probably canola oil. I greased up Eden's leg, the wall, and the side of the booth. Gave her leg a good push and out it came!!! The guy ran back to the counter and grabbed Eden a little book which calmed her tears in an instant as she started tearing her teeth into the plastic wrapping around it to open it. Crisis was over.


I wish I knew the guys name since I now feel like he saved my life...I feel bad calling him "the guy" I should call him my super hero....okay fine. Jonathon is looking over my shoulder and wants some credit in this story since he was the one who went to ask for the grease after he thought of asking for it. ;-) So he is the knight in shining armor.


So after my super hero and knight in shining armor saved the day , I finished off Eden's nachos, we grabbed our pizza, and headed to the playground. We ran into a lot of friends there, and by the end of the night we had had a great evening.


***But really, why would they make a 2 inch gap between the booth and the wall?? Why? The other booth in the restaurant wasn't like that? I guess we will just have to sit at that booth from now on...note to friends.***

3 comments:

liko said...

scary!!! maybe they will somehow get rid of that gap - to prevent future mishaps like this!

Bonnie said...

Poor baby...owie:-) Jen and I are always amazed at how you remember to take pictures at times like this!

Keiko said...

Poor thing . . .

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod