Thursday, August 20, 2009

Good news and bad news

First the bad news....

So, yesterday I was feverishly sewing away...I was inspired...the kids were being great! I sewed Eden a new pair of pj's out of an old tye died t shirt and a princess dress from an old tank top and bed skirt...next on the list was baby gifts.... when all of a sudden...dun dun dun

Eden dropped something on the floor, I got down on the floor with her to help her clean up her little mess and as I stood up my backside bumped the dinner tray that was holding my dear sewing machine. **Gasp!** Oh no! I picked it up, put back on the little part that popped off. It looked relatively fine. "Oh, I am soooo lucky." I thought.

I sit back down to sew the elastic into the almost finished pajama pants...I was so excited cause it was my first pair of pants I'd ever sewn and they actually turned out cute and they fit her! I turn the wheel on the side of my sewing machine to bring the needle down into the fabric...then it happened. Well, actually nothing happened. The wheel wouldn't turn. I broke it after-all.

I still haven't taken the thing apart to see if something is just dis-lodged or if I broke a gear or something fell off...but for now all sewing projects are on hold...that's the bad news. ;-( sad sad sad.

But the good news is a friend pointed me in the direction of a fun DIY blog and I found this and a few other non-sew projects. For those of you who have ever been in ear-shot around me when mosquitoes are present know that I CAN"T STAND those creatures. And since they live on my back patio Eden is quarantined in the house most the day cause those bugs fly in my house and make me grumpy. But, I am going to make an arsenal of these home-made citronella candles till I get that sewing machine fixed....the end.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Real Bummer! I am so sorry. Hope you can fix it...

Love you:-)

echo said...

hope you can get it fixed.
yes, you do need to get special permission to bless the babes at home cause a member of the bishopric has to be there too.

echo said...

hope you can get it fixed.
yes, you do need to get special permission to bless the babes at home cause a member of the bishopric has to be there too.

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod