Sunday, August 16, 2009

A little catching up to do....

I feel like I have been on blogging haitus for a bit.

I love being a Mom of two. It's so fun to watch 2 different stages of life going on at the same time. A cute chubby little baby boy who is just so happy, and a crazy and busy and funny...no hillarious 2 year old. She coppies everything we do and say. It's insane the way her mind soaks everything in. She can recall events from months ago... I can't believe it.

After she was potty trained, Grandma sent her a special package with cute new panties inside. Though Eden now owns about 20 pairs of panties she still remembers to this day which ones are from Grandma. And whenever she grabs a pair, she reminds me "These are my Gamma panties!"

She finally named her baby-doll. Her name in Angelina. Where did she get this name?? Well, while we were away at my Mom's in Arizona Eden and I watched 1 episode of Angelina Ballerina. 3 or 4 weeks later once we were back in Hawaii, Eden began calling baby Angelina.

Tex is basically the perfect baby. Rarely cries, smiles all the time, smells delicious. Has lots of chunkiness to hold onto and squeeze. Just now, I put him to bed awake about 20 minutes ago. He has been laying quietly in his crib since then just waiting till he falls asleep. Not all nights are like this, but tonight was. And he always wakes up with the hugest grin on his face.

Eden's sleeping is a slightly different story. She likes to come out of her room over and over and over and over after being tucked in. Sometimes this happens again at midnight, 2, 4, and 6 am. Usually I take her back to bed but sometimes we let her stay in bed and snuggle with us and we try to squeeze in every moment we have to snuggle with her before she's too old for snuggling.

Watching the two of them play together is what brings me great joy. Both their faces light up and I know they love each other.

Today I watched Eden as she and her friend Addy from nextdoor walked together hand in hand to nursery together. Eden's face was beaming. I can still see the dimples on her cheeks as she and Addy giggled up the stairs towards nursery. She is definately a little girl.

I love trying to find creative ways to entertain and play with both of them each day. I feel so blessed to have both these children in my life.

I didn't intend this post to be so mushy, I just wanted to post a few photos. But, I also don't want to forget these little moments. I love them so much. I LOVE being a Mom.

2 comments:

liko said...

i'm guessing that comment about me running you over was just a joke, then??

totally totally kidding!!

love your kids and you too! and you're a super mom!!!

wood0306 said...

You are such a GREAT mom... I am not sure if I can ever tell you that enough :)

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod