Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Update on money order

**A money order is kind of like a check. The difference: A check can bounce if there is no money in the checking account. A money order is purchased with cash. So the party recieving the money order does not have to worry about it bouncing**

Anyway, I decided that 7-11 was the cheapest route seeing how it was only $1 compared to the $5 that my bank charges...ridiculous.

So, I put my kids in my cute red stroller and off we walked to 7-11. Eden of course went straight to the candy isle...but her favorite bubble gum sucker was out of the pink. So she opted for the pink and blue swirly cotton-candy flavored sucker.

We grabbed some cash from the ATM for our money orders and Eden helped me pull the cash from the machine. She thought that was a pretty awesome job. We paid for our money orders and sucker and headed out front.
Eden wanted to sit in front of 7-eleven for a while to enjoy her treat. While we were sitting there someone asked me if I could spare 75 cents, so I gave it to him. At the moment my wallet was standing in as a chew toy for Tex. I had a sneaky suspicion that this guy wanted the 75 cents cause he was a little short for his cigarettes (I'm kind of judgemental I guess)...but I gave it to him anyway. (I actually had a feeling he needed the extra change for cigarettes because of a conversation I had with homeless man the other day, and he was telling me that 7-eleven was trying to take all his money because they raised the taxes again.)

But anyway... A few moments later our new friend walked out of 7-eleven packing his new box of cigs. (if you aren't familiar with the world of smoking- that means he was hitting his pack of cigarettes into his palm in order to pack the insides of the cigarette. It keeps it burning better or something.)
Anyway, Eden saw him put his cigarette in his mouth while he stood in front of a truck chatting with his friends and she said, "He got a sucker too?" I could have maybe used this as a teaching opportunity about not smoking...but decided to say nothing. Then his friends in the truck drove away and he walked off the opposite direction and Eden said, "Oh NOOO! His daddy left!" she was really really worried.
So I explained, "No sweety, he's okay. His Daddy is going bye bye and he is walking to his friends." Eden responded with "His Daddy go work? He going to his friend Ambrose?"
I love the little world of a 2 year old. So cute!

5 comments:

liko said...

oh!! that is cute!!

and 'it keeps it burning better or something'...
:-)

Bonnie said...

What a sweetheart:-)

Stephanie said...

hahahaha- she is the cutest!

and thanks for the cig lesson- haha :)

and i didnt just type hahahaha- i was really laughing out loud. this was a cute story!

Amy K said...

LOL! See, and you probably thought my list of variables was excessive (see my comments to your previous posting) ... see I knew something would go wrong ;o) NO PINK SUCKERS ... See, See, I'm not crazy after all. :o)

HA HA HA ... Cackle Cackle Cackle ... see my nice white jacket with all the shiny buckles

Hugs and Aloha ~Amy

wood0306 said...

So.... it costs you just as much to walk to 7 eleven... buy stuff... and give money away... as it does to go to the bank ;)

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod