Wednesday, January 21, 2009

For He’s a Jolly Good 29 Year Old Fellow!

Here’s to the man I live with who I am blessed to call my husband. He’s my best friend, and awesome Dad of my almost 2 kids. He’s the best Dad Eden could ask for and my favorite person to have around. He’s a very hard worker, excellent student, and a guy who can do anything he sets his mind to. I knew when I married him that I’d be taken care of no matter what. That’s why I feel so lucky to still be home with our one and only child day after day while he works his tail off at work and grad-school. This guy turned 29 on Saturday, but we celebrated a little eralier monday. After an awesome and fruitful trip to Saver’s where I bought a glass baking dish with Tupper-ware top, a new maternity outfit, shorts for Jonathon, a play tent for Eden, 3 new children’s books, and a few other items I can’t remember right now (for only $24), Eden and I picked Jonathon up at work and headed for the Waikiki Aquarium…with a short stop at Wal-Mart on the way. The short stop took a little longer than anticipated, and we also needed to stop at a book-store to get Jonathon a book for a class. But, it was okay cause Eden was still napping in the back and needed some rest. We finally got to the Honolulu Zoo parking around 5. And, as luck would have it, there was still 2 and a half hours of parking left on our meter saving us 60 cents! :) We loaded Eden up in the stroller and told her we were going to go see fishies. I don’t think I’ve seen her quite so excited except on Christmas. The whole 15 minute walk there she didn’t lose her focus. She just kept saying “Fishies! Fishies!” and I began to worry the aquarium would be closed and this poor kid wouldn’t see any fishies. Well, we got to the aquarium…and it was closed. BUT…there was a small fish tank out front with about 8 different fish in it. We walked Eden over to it, and she couldn’t have been more excited than she was just seeing those few fish. I wish I got a photo of her looking at the fishies, but I was enjoying the moment too much to dig out the camera. I’m so thankful for Eden. She brings so much joy to our lives and it’s so fun to watch how she loves animals. Anyway… back to Jonathon, the birthday boy. We stayed there a short few minutes until I needed to find a restroom. As we were walking back through Kapiolani Park back towards the car, we noticed a big festivity going on so we walked over to see and found a whole lot of food and clothing vendors, and some live entertainment. There were some African drums and 3 or 4 girls dancing African Tribal dances on the stage there. It was really fun to watch them, but most fun to watch Eden try to dance with them.



After about 30 minutes we decided to take a LONG walk back the car. It’s long when you are letting Eden walk without the stroller. She is so easily distracted and curious about everything, but it’s fun when you have nowhere to be…like yesterday. She was just enjoying running and chasing all the birds. Finally we made it back to the car and decided to head to Maharani’s, Jonathon’s favorite Indian restaurant. Well, favorite restaurant period. Eden and I ran into the Organic food store next to it to grab a few items to make Granola bars the next day, while Jonathon went and ordered take-out (We figured we’d eat in the car on the way home so Eden could get to bed on time since we made her miss most of her nap). When Eden and I left the store we noticed an open table out front and decided to sit there and wait for Jonathon while we listened to the street performers. A couple in their late 60’s, or so, were playing instruments along with a CD recording of a symphony. The husband played a piccolo and a recorder…I’ve never heard someone play a recorder so well, and the wife a violin. When Jonathon came by with the food, we decided to just eat it there and enjoy the music. The evening couldn’t have turned out better. I love spending time with our little family, and Jonathon is and always has been so good about making time for his girls. Dinner was delicious!! Definitely spicy, I felt like my lips were going to burn off! But delicious! After we finished and tipped our serenaders, we headed back to the car and headed for home and I passed out on the couch by 9:30 while Jonathon surfed the Internet till he woke me up at 11:30 to go to bed. It was a perfect perfect day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET MAN OF MY DREAMS!

1 comment:

stef j. said...

HAPPY B-DAY JON!!

sounds like a WAY fun day! i love it when you're so busy that the time just flies like that.

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod