Friday, January 16, 2009

Mark Your Calendar


I went to the Dr. the other day. Good news is that I only somehow managed to gain 4 lbs. over the entire Christmas break. Apparently it makes a difference if you work out cause I pretty much ate anything I wanted while we were gone.

In other baby-related news, the Dr. did an ultra-sound and confirmed that this baby boy's head is still in my ribs. I could have told you that. ;-) Anyway, she said he probably won't turn if he hasn't by now...since Eden never turned. So we have scheduled, unoficially FRIDAY MARCH 13 to bring this boy into the world. The good thing is that it's a friday which means Jonathon can be with me from Friday when I go in until he has to go back to school monday night! We are very excited to meet this new member in 8 weeks from today.

I'm nervous about another c-section. I just don't like the thought of having surgery. I even cried in the car a little after I left the doctors. But, eventually I realized this is just how the Lord wants it for one reason or another. So, it's how it's going to be. ;-) In the mean-time I will just focus on how excited I am to be blessed with another little baby in our home.

14 comments:

Jodemasterflex said...

The day before my birthday, YESSSSSS!

wood0306 said...

He has a plan in mind for sure! Everyhing will be fine and in full control of the doctors. That has got to be safer then the unsure :)

Stephanie said...

well, you know my calendar is already marked :) i cant wait to meet the baby boy!

The Waldon Family said...

Friday the 13th! How exciting!! I can't believe you are almost a family of four!!

Cami

Tane and Angela said...

don't worry matti! it's soooo much better than the first..seriously..when i went in for surgury, i wanted the baby out all ready and it was actually very relaxing..even tane thought it was way more relaxed the second time.(cus it's not emergency) and the whole time the surgury was happening, we were laughing and talking to the doctors..of course it was on election day so we were talking about who was voting for who...(i was a little worried that they weren't concentrating on the surgury, but they did a great job) plus the recovery is way faster..trust me.=) good luck!

Erin said...

hurray! I cant wait to see adorable pics of your little guy and way to go on not gaining much weight. my dr. was shocked when i didnt gain any over the holidays cause most women i guess gain like 8-10 lbs!

Rob, Brooke, Breanna and Ethan said...

I just read all your most recent posts. First of all I'm glad you had so much fun with your family in Utah. Also, what an overwhelming ordeal with the mold, I'm sorry that you had to go through that, that stinks!

We will mark our calendar and be thinking of you and your family on the 13th, wow, that is coming up so soon. It feels like we were just in Hawaii and you were so "early" (kinda) in your pregnancy! I know you'll do great, just like you did with Eden :)

The Fantastic Four said...

YAY...how exciting, Matti!! =) Too bad we didn't get to hang out during your visit but that's ok. I totally understand. =) Can't wait to see your little man!!

Melissa said...

wow! how exciting!

Laura said...

Hey Matti, I just found your blog! That's so exciting to know when your baby will arrive! March 13th is a good day that was the day Michael proposed to me (one day before his b-day, so if I said "no" his day wouldn't be marred) anyway Congratulations two kids are so much fun, you're going to love it!

echo said...

wow! what crazy news. if you need anything, anything, anything i am the one to ask. i am so happy and excited for you. it seems so soon now!

echo said...

wow! what crazy news. if you need anything, anything, anything i am the one to ask. i am so happy and excited for you. it seems so soon now!

rachele and jordan said...

Whoa March 13th is so soon! I'm excited to see the little guy!

Kristine Parker said...

that's excited that you have a date set!!! I'm am excited to see pictures of the little guy. I'm sorry you will have to have another C-section, darn stomach, they need to go in and put some putty in there to patch that notch that is catching the babies and not letting them turn!

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod