Sunday, January 18, 2009

True What?

Who in the world are these people?

As I type this I am watching ABC's new show True Beauty. I can't believe some of the things these people say. How could anyone possibly believe that they might be the most beautiful person in America? What the? I tried to find photos of them online, but haven't yet. Anyone else watch this show? I probably shouldn't watch it because I am opposed to giving any of these people the $100,000 prize money, but I am easily entertained by reality tv unfortunately.

On the first episode they go to some dr. who supposedly gives them a score 1-100 of how beautiful they are. I thought the score was made up, but aparently some people in the world really pay money to have this sort of "testing" done. How sad really. I mostly got a kick out of watching these people have to hear that something about them wasn't "perfect", as the dr. informed them one cheeck was puffier than the other, or thier symetry wasn't perfect. It was rediculous. Why do so many people think they should get money for being beautiful? I just don't get it.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

haha!! I saw like five minutes of that show!! and yeah it's retarded! it's made me laugh.

The Waldon Family said...

Hilarious! My favorite part so far is when one girl dumped half the soap container into the first dish she's ever washed and said, "I feel like I'm a house wife." Sooo funny! And pathetically sad, you're right. I think you are a great Mom, Matti!!

Kristine Parker said...

I watched it too! It's amazing there are people like that out there. I don't have horrible self-esteem but I don't know how you could think that you are the most beautiful person in the world! Ammon loves at the end when they put the person's picture in the trash that got voted out.

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod