Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Have you ever....

While standing in the checkout line at the grocery store: Have you ever shouted, "Are you kidding me?!!!" at your 2 year old as you (not so gently) grab her hand to get the finger that is gouging her little 7 week old brothers eye? Yes? Then your life is a lot like mine.

Have you ever watched your 2 year old gently rub her baby brothers head while he cries, or have her come and wipe away your tears when you are sad? Yes? Then your life is a lot like mine. (She does know how to be sweet.)


I'm pretty sure I have taught her before, "We don't touch brother's face." and "We don't touch brother's eyes". I guess I didn't cover, "We don't drill brothers eyes with our fingers."


BTW**Don't worry too much though. Texton seems to be fine and only cried for a moment after the incident. He only has a small scratch on his eye lid. As for vision impairments, I guess we will find out when they screen him for Kindergarten. ;-)

3 comments:

liko said...

oh! haha, thanks for making me smile, matti. i mean, laugh. i think texton will be fine.

Bonnie said...

Sometimes we ask ourselves how they ever survived with it all--but they do:-) This is just the beginning...

Stephanie said...

were you at echo's lunch ladies when amby tried to ride addys tricycle down the stairs like a bat out of hell and i yelled, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????!!?!?!?!!!!" and freaked out in front of everyone????

it was awesome.

i love those moments... no, no i do not.

this post gives me more to look forward to in about 4 weeks- haha! :)

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod