Saturday, May 30, 2009

My girl is awesome...

Today she tried "surfing" on her boogie board. Eden is fearless, and that is what I love most about her. Today she started dragging Liko's body board out into the water and tried putting it in herself. I tried running after her (after taking a few photos), but got to the water a little later. A (slightly large) wave had just washed up knocking her over, with the board hitting her in the face. But did that stop her determination to go into the water? Nope.




So, I grabbed the board and sat her on top of it and we paddled out into the water together. After a few moments she said, "Mommy, I wanna stand". I was a little nervous about it (considering I could barely touch the bottom myself and she wasn't wearing any flotation device), but I told her to give it a try.

And she tried...and she did it. And another rather large wave came, knocking off her balance and making her fall into the salty water. But, did that stop her? Nope. ;-) Then Liko swam over to help me hold the board for her, and Meg grabbed my camera to catch a few shots of the awesome experience. She fell into the water several times, and just got right back on again and again. She could even stand without help for several seconds at a time. I was amazed.




Eden....I love you so much! Your daring nature inspires me. I wish I was more like you.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

That is one impressive little girl. I hope Gwenevere will be as adventuress.

Bonnie said...

Wow, Eden--you go girl! :-)

Noelle said...

That is awesome! Keep it up Eden!

Stephanie said...

yeah seriously- she has ALWAYS been this way- making amby look like a big, puffy wimp! hahahahahaha :) but it's so true- i am proud of her surfing efforts- she is cool. her strong personality will probably serve her well her whole life. love her.

echo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
echo said...

wow!!! she totally amazes me.

betsy said...

this is awesome!! go eden!

Melissa said...

she's so awesome!

AJones said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! That is the sweetest thing ever! I don't know what's happen! I seriously have missed a couple of your posts somehow and I loved catching up! Eden and Texton are SO PRECIOUS!!! I miss you! Big hugs! I sort of wish I was coming to Hawaii rather than Europe!

wood0306 said...

OMG... LOVING IT!!! I just want to squeeze her! That looks like so much fun!

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod