Saturday, May 2, 2009

Strolling down memory lane

Last night after tucking in Eden (who is nearly potty trained...and sleeping in a toddler bed!!)Jonathon and I had fun looking at old photos of Eden. Jonathon was having a hard time not jumping out of his seat to go squeeze and hug and hold his little girl who just seems to be growing up so fast. While we are sad we can't go back to the days she was just a little one who wanted to snuggle all day with us...we LOVE watching her grow and explore.


I just remembered I have a post I never published I'll put it below this dotted line
.........................................................................
Titled: Playing catch up

I have a lot of photos I wanna catch up on. So much happened while my mom was in town...and a whole bunch has happened since she left. ;-) I'm just glad that my power is up and running again. 32 hours without a washer/dryer, stove/oven, and water heater is a very long time. (The power on our street went out a few days ago -a few times, gotta love Hawaii!-) and when it came back on it seems we blew a circuit breaker? At least that's what my landlord said.

So, it's 2:37 AM. I woke up an hour and a half ago, nursed, got thrown up on (texton ate too much too fast) took a shower, washed a load of laundry, and my mind won't shut off still.

I'm feeling bad that I still haven't made a decent post dedicated to Eden for her 2nd birthday. SO I'll take a stab at the 1st 10 that come to mind...in no particular order.

1. The awesome big sister she is turning into. She is getting the hang of being gentle, and she is so concerned when Texton is sad.

2. The way she talks, and how she loves to try and copy everything I say. Her speech impediments are so cute when "S" is sometimes "sh" (shorry mamma) and "L" is sometimes pronounced "y" as in "yips" (lips) or "yots" (lots)

3. Her adventurous side and how she never stays down. She'll fall and bounce right back up again. Nothing can stop this girl.

4. I love cuddling up with her each night for bed-time story, songs, hugs and kisses. and how she asks for random songs that don't exist such as the "doggy song" or the "addi song". Then I listen to Jonathon as he makes up the song she has requested, and I soon join in and it becomes a fun duet.

5. The faces she makes are priceless.

6. The way she dances and loves to "Shake her bum"

7. Her obsession with bums in general

8. How concerned she is about others when she sees someone crying or senses they are sad.

9. How good she is at puzzles. My Mom got her started on them while she was visiting, and it seems she is so smart!

10. Hearing her call for me every morning from her crib after she wakes up. She usually plays in there talking to her dolls for 10 or 15 minutes and calls me when she is ready. It's so fun to see her smile each morning.

11. Ok, a bonus. She has recently started singing on her own. Twinkle Twinkle or I am a Child of God with me each night at bed time.


12. And one more...The way she says in her sweetest voice when she wants you to follow her, "Come" as she motions with both her hands.

13. And she has finally figured out that EVERYTHING has a name. So all day long she asks me, "is this?"














So there you go. It's not the polished postI hoped for, but at least it's out now, and I have some sort of record. Most of all, we just want my little Eden to know how much we love her, and how blessed our life has been because of the 2 years we have had getting to know her.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

what a fun tribute...wish I could have been closer to have shared more of these wonderful memories...

You are an awesome mom:-)

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod