Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I am potty training a baby

Yes, that is right. Today I am potty training THIS baby.

You see, I have been trying to train Eden for MONTHS and Months and MoNthS! She'll do great one week, could care less the next week. I'm sure there are a lot of reasons for this. But, in any event...it seemed that last week Eden and I had both lost all hope and all patience with potty training. She was mad at me for making her go, and I was mad at her for not going.
So this morning, I decided to take the focus off her and put it on the baby. Eden even helped me sew baby a new pair of panties this morning. So far, this has worked like a charm. Eden has taken a new interest in the potty. Every now and then she will take baby to the potty on her own. If it's been a while I remind Eden to take baby to the potty. So far, Eden has sat on the potty twice today on her own!! She is excited again to use the potty, and she is my cheerful little monkey who I have been missing for a few days now.






6 comments:

Nick and Brittany said...

You are such a wonderful mommy! I'm learning sooo much from you! Your little ones are adorable!!!

stef j. said...

G E N I U S !!

Meg said...

My sister did this with her daughter and it worked great!

Lindsay Rondo said...

what a great idea!!! so creative!

liko said...

woohoo! go eden and eden's baby!

RuSty and LaLa said...

Dang girl...that was good

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod