Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"Amen"

This is my most favorite new trick of Eden's. Recently she has started praying with us. It is so sweet. She hears the word "prayer" and automatically folds her little arms and squints her eyes shut. The frist time I realised she knew how to pray was one afternoon, I put her in her high-chair with lunch and I walked away. As I walked away I heard mumbling, so I turned around to see what she was doing. She had folded her arms (Crossed them across her body) and bowed her head and was squinting her eyes closed. She prayed in a low monotone mumbly voice (I guess to her that's what I sound like when I pray). But when she was done, she said "Amen". I was sooo impressed! Now, when it's time to pray for bed-time or dinner time or whatever, Eden is always ready. Allthough, she doesn't wait till the end of the prayer to say amen. Usually she says it somehwere in the middle of the prayer. But it is sooo cute! Thanks to Breanna and her handy camera-woman skills while she was in town, she got a pretty good one of Eden one afternoon while praying.

7 comments:

stef j. said...

i LOVE it when they start learning to pray. it made me think to myself, " hmmm, i'm doing ok with this parenting thing. "

Melissa said...

that is so darn stinking cute!! i love that she prayed to herself all alone. what a good girl.

wood0306 said...

Soooooooo dang CUTE!!! I just want to squeeze her and give you a big hug. Good job Mom... You are doing GREAT!!! I only hope that I will be able to be the mom you are day in and day out! ~~~Love ya~~~

Kristine Parker said...

That is so cute!!! What good parents and examples you two are. Love and miss you!

The Fantastic Four said...

Gosh, Eden is praying so hard it looks painful. hehehe. =)

So cute. Nice job teaching your daughter the ways of prayer.

Stephanie said...

that's pretty dang aweosme. amby is also all about praying these days which is fun because i dont really know where it came from... perhaps he was inspired by eden!

Ashley C said...

That is adorable! Way to set an example!

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod