Thursday, August 21, 2008

Some Sentiment


Most of you know, but Jonathon and I celebrated our 4 Yr wedding anniversary last Thursday, August 14. We were married 4 years ago in the Salt Lake Temple. Best decision of my life.
That evening (last thursday) my sweet husband came home from work early cause he said he heard the tension in my voice after speaking to him on the phone. Eden had worn down the very few nerves I still have from being pregnant. He walked in the door and suprised me with flowers. Thanks again sweety.
We didn't do much that night. Just stayed home and relaxed. We planned to get a sitter for friday, but never happened. Instead on saturday we drove to Kailua in search of a hide-a-bed for our back apartment. Around 7:00 we decided to get our anniversary dinner. We went to this Thai Food resturaunt in Kailua. We'd been there before and liked it, so we thought we'd go again.

When we walked in the doors we noticed how quiet it was and didn't want to disturb the peace with one of Eden's Post-Bed-time meltdowns. So, we ordered to go. Went to the car. Fed Eden her share, and drove for 15 minutes till she fell asleep. Then we pulled into a McDonalds parking lot and ate our anniversary dinner. Sure, it's no hellicopter ride to Haleakala. But that would probably make me throw up. ;-) This was the perfect celebration for me because Eden was there with us sleeping peacefully in the backseat, with her head flopped to the side of her carseat. And she is the pride and joy of our married life.


Jonathon proposed to me twice actually - But, I said yes both times. The first time was on a hike. It was a sunday afternoon. We stopped to watch the sunset. Jonathon asked me to close my eyes. I thought, "What a wierdo. I know he's not proposing cause he hasn't bought a ring yet cause we are still looking for the right one." But I closed my eyes to humor him anyway. When I opened them he was kneeling on one knee and had a ring box in his hand. Inside the box was a ring that had to have a fake diamond of about 5K. I looked at him and said, "are you serious?" I was really confused. He said, "why would I joke about this? Will you marry me?" Of course I said yes... still slightly confused. He told me he just thought this ring would be funny since we didn't have a real ring yet. Then he said, but I also have this ring. So he pulled out another box. Inside this box were 2 very beautiful rings (engagement and wedding). He said, these are fake too. But I figure you can wear them until we get you your real ring. He just wanted our engagement to be official since we were pretty much already planning our wedding. Well. A few weeks later, I was driving home from the gym and Jonathon called and said to come by on my way home. So, as I was driving this song came on the radio and I really wanted him to hear it cause it was my new favorite (even though Jonathon hates my girly music). Anyway, I ran in the house as fast as I could, turned straight into the kitchen and turned on the radio. After a moment I noticed Jonathon wasn't coming into the kitchen to meet me. I looked over into the living room, and there I saw him on 1 knee again. Holding a 3rd ring box. He motioned to me to go back to the front door. When I walked over to the front door, I noticed a trail of white rose pedals leading from the door to the "big room" in his parents house. I followed the trail, and when I walked into the room he was kneeling inside a heartshape that he made out of white long stem roses and across the back of the room had written out, "I love you Matti" in roses. Oh, did I mention he was wearing a suit? He couldn't have looked more cute, and I swear the sun was just beginning to set. So, this time I got my 3rd and final engagement ring. Which was good, cause I had already painted the inside of the fake one twice with nail polish to keep my finger from turning green. ;-) Long story but wanted to share. Oh, so the photo. After I called my parents and told them the good news (even though they already knew we were engaged cause of the fake rings). They drove down to take photos for me. I have more, but this is the only one on my computer. I wanted to put a shirt on, but Jonathon wouldn't let me since I wasn't wearing one when I got to his house. I'm still embarassed about it.


This is some of the delicious cake that we had at our reception. As the cake maker lady "Fresia" was bringing it to the site the thick layer of pudding in the middle began melting, making the 2 layers fall apart all over her husbands lap. Luckily it was just the bottom tier of the cake, so she was still able to salvage the majority of it. Funny thing is I had NO idea the cake had falled apart until I got the pictures of the wedding back after my honeymoon. Thanks everyone for not letting me worry 1 ioda durring our wedding day.


This was one of the pictures on our wedding announcement/invitation.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

oh, you didnt take a helicopter ride to haleakala?!?! me either. :) but i hear it's the cool thing to do.

i already knew these stories from some car trips we took around the island, but it was fun to read them again- good stories.

Jodemasterflex said...

Sorry I missed your anniversary :( (It's my dad's birthday- so I have no excuse for not remembering!)But thanks for the story. I think it's my all-time favorite engagement story.

xoxo

JMF

stef j. said...

you look so gorgeous - even without a shirt.

hmm, that sounded less weird in my head. ha.

happy anniversary!

The Fantastic Four said...

Happy Anniversary!! It was fun to read your engagement story since I was in KS for all of it. =) So sweet and fun. Love the wedding pics too.

Kristine Parker said...

I remember when Jonathon proposed to you! Ammon and I came home ad he was in the big room waiting for you so we told him we would go to my house and we left. Happy anniversary!

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod