Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ode to My Dad


Just found this cool poem this morning about Dad's, and I wanted the world to know that I am so lucky to have my Dad as my Dad. I love you!!

Life Lessons


You may have thought I didn't see,
Or that I hadn't heard,
Life lessons that you taught to me,
But I got every word.


Perhaps you thought I missed it all,
And that we'd grow apart,
But Dad, I picked up everything,
It's written on my heart.


Without you, Dad, I wouldn't be
The woman I am today;
You built a strong foundation
No one can take away.


I've grown up with your values,
And I'm very glad I did;
So here's to you, dear father,
From your forever grateful kid.


By Joanna Fuchs (I wish it was by me... I'm not that creative)

3 comments:

wood0306 said...

It's amazing how much we think alike sometimes. I was looking up poems the other day when instead I decided to do the INSPIRATIONS... on my blog. I came across this very exact one. It made me cry for a good 30 minutes. Every word is so true :) Love ya Dad Wood ;)

The Fantastic Four said...

I love the pic of the two of you. =) Dad's are the greatest.

Kristine Parker said...

Your dad is great. At my wedding he told me that our love story is so sweet and he was glad he got to see the way it turned out. He is such a sweet man. He is in or prayers!!

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod