Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Free to Blog Again





Well, Jonathon decided that he didn't need this computer quite as bad as he thought. So, I am going to continue updating you on my life. Well, as most of you know this info... we are having a baby! I am so excited. It was kind of funny actually. We weren't planning on it so it came as a surprise. The first I thought I "might be" pregnant was July 1st when we picked up Jonathon's little sister from the airport. We went to Costco and I was starving, and everything sounded good. Then we went out front to eat the rotisserie chicken. After the chicken I wanted to order a slice of pizza and the very berry Sunday and the berry freezer thing. And I was sooo mad that Jonathon told me to order just one thing at a time if I really thought I wanted it. (You know when parents say, "you can have more after you finish what you already took.") Anyway, I was getting so frustrated that he wouldn't let me just buy everything on the menu. That was the first time I thought...I'm pregnant. Duh Duh Dunnn (Mystery music)
So, then a few weeks later, I was at church. My friend Meg was sitting next to me (9 mo. pregnant). I was holding Eden's bag of animal crackers, then Meg pulled out her bag of animal crackers and showed me that she had the same ones. We giggled and then went back to listening to the lesson. Well, again I was starving and I ate the whole bag of Eden's crackers in less than 3 minutes. I looked over at Meg's bag and she had eaten her whole bag too. So, again I thought "pregnant?" Duh Duh Dunnn... (Same mystery music)
Well, then I went home and thought about the pregnancy test I had been storing in the bathroom since April and internally debated with myself whether or not to take it. After about 2 hours, I decided to take it. Well, low and behold it came back positive. But, I thought it MUST be broken. (After all I only paid $1 for it at the dollar store). The 2nd line was soooo light that I didn't think it could be right. So, I threw it in the garbage. But, I couldn't believe it. So, about every 5-10 minutes I walked back into the bathroom...pulled it out of the garbage...and looked at it still in disbelief. Well, after about an hour of walking in and out of the bathroom I decided to take a 2nd test. Same results! But, I still couldn't believe it. I threw this test away in the kitchen garbage. For the rest of the evening I was digging both tests out of the garbage about every 30 minutes to study it again. I don't know why I kept throwing them away. So, 3 days later I went to the Dr. and waited in the waiting room for nearly 2hours to get my results. (I guess that's what it takes when you go to a free clinic cause you have no insurance) Sure enough... that one was positive too! Can you believe it? I am starting to. Especially since the sickness has been coming on over the last 2 weeks. But, I am so excited. And, I've learned that if I eat faithfully every 2 hours (without a minute to spare) I don't throw up... and that is GREAT!! Especially if you know what i went through when I was pregnant with Monkey (Eden). Sorry for the long story. I just thought it was funny. Anyway, I finally am on insurance now. So, I will be going to the baby Dr. in about a week to get an ultra sound to find out a due date for this baby. I am soooo excited! I think it will finally feel more real once I finally get a due day. I've also learned that dollar store pregnancy test DO work. So, next time you are wondering... don't waste $15 at the drug store. ;-)
Oh ya! The photos at the top, we turned into a post-card to send to our families to share our joyful news. My parents postman actually hand delivered their post-card to their door. When my dad answered the post-man said, "This looked too important to leave in a mail-box". I'm so glad for cute post people. ;-)

12 comments:

stef j. said...

that top picture seriously cracks me up. i LOVE her face.

stef j. said...

my heavens ... and CONGRATULATIONS neighbor

The Fantastic Four said...

MATTI!! CONGRATS!! I am so happy for you and what precious pics of Eden holding her sign. =) Can't wait for the updates.

By the way, thanks for the 20+ posts on my blog this morning. hahaha.

The Waldon Family said...

Wahoo Matti's pregnant!! Another little Parker is going to be coming, how exciting! I loved your stories, especially the one while you were at Costco. Costco food is good! Hope you have a morning-sick-free pregnancy!!

Lisa H. said...

matti, you're so funny. we are so excited for you.

Melissa said...

i feel out of the loop because I did NOT know. what happened to our friendship!? :)

anyways I am SO happy for you guys. how far along do you feel? :) just curious.

congrats again!!

.From Her. said...

MATTI!!! OH HOW GREAT! That's so wonderful. I'm so excited for you guys. I'm looking forward to seeing when this new due date is going to be... Keep me posted!!

wood0306 said...

Again Matti..... You are a amazing mom. If you only knew how much you have taught me so far. I am so excited for you guys!

Kristine Parker said...

Congrats!!! i am so happy for you two. Your great parents and it's fun to see your family grow. I love that picture of Eden and that sign. I put it on my blog as a post!

Stephanie said...

how awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley C said...

I am so excited for you! I love hearing stories about pregnancy. I'm glad that you haven't been super sick like last time. Phew! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Tane and Angela said...

congrats matti! i was wondering when the next one was coming...eden will be so happy to play with her baby sister or brother! good luck with the pregnancy!

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod