Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Wait... So we are not moving now??? What?"

That was my thought as I heard this disconcerting message from my landlord left today, asking if we can wait to move to the back place for another month. I also thought to myself... you realise that it is AUG 27? We are supposed to move in 4 days. Don't you think I have started packing by now? Well, yes I have started packing, and moved many of our belongings by my pregnant sick self to said "back place".

However, my sweet sweet landlord (bless his heart truly I love him) would like an extra month to fix up the place perfect for us. I guess I can't complain too much. He wants to give us a bigger fridge, and fix the paint that the painters failed to paint. Who knows? Maybe he'll put ceiling fans in the bedrooms? That would be awesome. He's put ceiling fans in all his other units... why not this one? Oh, and maybe he'll fix the door frames so the doors actually close. ;-)

I was really anxious to move in cause I am just really ready for a new space... and super excited to try my hand at decorating since I got to pick out my own furniture for this place. I didn't do much to decorate this place. Probably put $40 into it over the year we lived here. But, I guess I will have to wait till November 1 now. On the plus side, maybe I won't be sick by then either. Plus, I can really think about color schemes and look for a cheap area rug. I wanna find a nice plush one, but for cheap. Hard to come by. I found this one on craigslist the other day... PERFECT. Huge, and only $10. But, I missed out on it by just a few minutes. Was pretty sad about that one. Anyway, just thought I'd feel you in.

But, once we are in... I am totally planning a chocolate chip cookie and lemonade (sounds disgusting now, but yesterday it sounded really good) mommy and me party to show off my cute little place and fun back yard! So, keep posted for that next month.

(I created this on my computer last Sunday morning. It is one of the possibilities I imagined for my front room. However, instead of a runner, I want an area rug (in order to childproof for the Parker currently under construction.)

6 comments:

Melissa said...

i've just lately been getting into the whole decorating thing myself. It's actually really fun!! I'm glad you get to decorate this place!

Stephanie said...

i want to decorate! i just put curtains in A's room after living here for nearly 6 months!!! i decided the sheet over the window was no longer cuttin it. weird.

Stephanie said...

oh yeah, and i'm excited for the mommy and me lemonade and chocolate chip cookie party.

Rob, Brooke, Breanna and Ethan said...

well too bad about not moving in soon, but that's awesome that your landlord actually cares enough to put some work into the place and make it nice for you guys! wahoo!

wood0306 said...

OK.... Now I can start sending people your way. I have got so much crap about my blog. You have fore sure out done me!!! It looks GREAT though ;)

stef j. said...

so, i know i already talked to you about this but i seriously laugh and laugh and laugh every time i look at this picture. i LOVE it!

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod