Saturday, February 28, 2009

My first album cover

Saw this fun activity on my friends blog. Thought I'd give it a try tonight while I am doing my best avoiding dishes. ;-)



In case you are wondering what the title means...Pariksha guru is considered to be the first novel written in Hindi. The novel was written by Srinivas Das and published in year 1882. The novel is considered a landmark in Hindi fiction. The book was reprinted in 1974 with an introduction by Ramdaras Misra. The novel tells a story of the extravagance of Hindu bankers and traders.

You should try this. It doesn't take all that long. Here is what you do.

1 - Go to "wikipedia." Hit “random”
or click hERE
The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2 - Go to "Random quotations"
or click HeReThe last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.

3 - Go to flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”
or click here
Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

4 - Use photoshop or similar to put it all together (I used picnik click me, it's free and easy to use).

5 - Post it to FB/blog with these instructions in the "caption" and TAG the friends you want to join in.

3 comments:

stef j. said...

haha! isn't it WAY fun!! i seriously wanted to keep doing it over and over and over again.

but then again, i'm a HUGE nerd.

echo said...

k- i did mine but my picture was like totally rated R. i think it is safe to say that i would NEVER use that as my album cover. but yes, it was fun.

AJones said...

I just have to tell you ...your wiggget baby is so much cuter to day than a week ago! Way to form that baby!!! I miss you, Started my masters,,,ugh...love ya

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod