Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Creating

I really enjoy creating things. It's just so fun to me to make something out of something else.

This week’s creations consisted of this loaf of bread. It was REALLY simple to make and really delicious. Eden kept referring to it as “cookie” whenever I offered her some, and I was very obliged to give her some whole wheat, home-made, corn-syrup free, goodness. ;-) My plan is to make it again and again and again. No more store-bought bread for this family. Once I get comfy with this recipe I think I might try one with 9-grain or something. I won’t get ahead of myself too fast though. I’m thinking May will be a good time to try a new recipe.

I still haven’t created my yogurt. It calls for Dry milk which costs $11 a box, and I just couldn’t bring myself to spend that kind of dough on an experiment. But, maybe I’ll be able to next week.

My favorite creation this week was Eden’s bath-tub. I needed to run into town for Jonathon last Friday to return a few of his books to the UH book-store. Well, of course on the way I HAD to stop at Savers. There is a magnetic chip implanted in me (I think my mother put it there) and I am just attracted to Savers and can’t pass by it if I come within 3 miles of one. While there I found a step-stool for Eden which was AWESOME cause it’s the 1 thing I went there specifically for. I realized the other day that I need to get Eden a little more self-sufficient cause after the c-section I won’t be able to pick her up for a while (several weeks) till I heal. So, she can now climb her stairs to wash her own hands and uses her stairs to climb into her own crib.

Cool as the stairs are, they are not my favorite find. My favorite find was this awesome bath-tub!! Eden had so many fun tubbies while we were visiting family in Utah and I could tell she missed them terribly. The last 2 times we went to a friends house who are lucky enough to have baths she just couldn’t take her hands or eyes off it. She just kept saying, “Tubby! Tubby!” And I felt so bad telling her no tubbies. So, while at Savers I checked the storage buckets and found this PERFECT sized bucket. It’s long enough for her to lie down in and the perfect size to fit in our shower. 1 cm. bigger and it wouldn’t work. She LOVES it, and so do I. She will eat ALL her dinner in order to take a tubby and I have been struggling to get Eden to eat all her dinner for MONTHS now. I usually end up saving it and feeding her the rest after the whole night-time routine thing. Now she practically shovels her food down her throat because she knows as soon as the food is gone it’s TUBBY TIME!!!


The most awesome part is now at bed-time I can put her in her tub for 20 minutes while she plays, and I can wash dishes or do whatever else needs to be done, and I don’t have to shower with her anymore! Or stand to the side of the tub and get soaked trying to give her a shower. It’s an awesome thing. Best $6.99 ever spent.

And my last creation this week was a new ATMOSPHERE. I found this cool CD at the LDS Distribution Center of the Children’s Primary Songs. And it only cost $6.50. I’m pretty sure all my friends already own it. I’m just a little slow to get on the boat. There are 5 disks in the whole collection, so that’s a little over $1 a disk and Eden loves listening to these songs. As soon as I put the music on she was drawn to the children’s voices. She stopped immediately what she was doing and just stared at the computer where the music was coming from. We listened to I am a Child of God first (her bed-time song) and it was so cute to watch and hear her sing along with it. Next we listed to Daddy’s Homecoming about 15 times in a row while Eden did all the actions along as the song played. If you don’t have this CD already I suggest it highly. I really like the new atmosphere our home has as we listen to these Primary songs, and it’s so fun to watch Eden try to learn them. As for my other resolutions (Exercise 45 min a day and scripture reading 20 min) I definitely need to work on those harder next week.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

ok i NEED that bread recipe!! is that the one you fed us at echo's house? if so- gimme asap. :)

one of my main goals for 2009 was to cook/bake things that have intimidated me in the past and be really good at them and for some reason bread is on that list of things that i am a little nervous to make. i've made several different pizza doughs lately and feel good about them so a good old loaf is next!

Lindsay Rondo said...

Ooh I like the bread! I always want to try to make homemade bread but I always think it is so difficult. You've inspired me to try it!

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod