Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Saw this on a friends blog

thought it looked like fun. Here goes!

the firstborn survey
Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born! Just copy and paste it in a new note for yourself! Let's see how much you remember!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? yep
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? yep
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? pretty excited and freaked out of my mind. I'd quit birth control 5 months before and was starting to think that being pregnant just wasn't in the cards. So when the test said positive I didn't believe it. Then I couldn't stop saying OH MY GOSH for about 1 minute straight. That's all that would come out of my mind.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Why would I do that?
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 22
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I just felt different. So, I took a pee test at home. Jonathon said that I could only take it if he could look at the results before me. (He was trying to get me to not take it since I had taken so many negative ones before.) When he first looked, it indicated not pregnant. I could tell from the look on his face what the result was. I sat on the closet floor and cried for a moment. When I stood up to go sit by Jonathon, I glanced at the test and it had changed!!! I was pregnant after-all.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Honestly don't remember. I think it was maybe Brooke Douglas. She was pregnant at the time too (3 months along) and I was starting to wonder if I would be able to pull of student teaching and being pregnant. SO I asked her a lot of questions, and she guessed it.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Kind of yes, kind of no. Jonathon for sure wanted to know, so I didn't really have much choice in the matter.
9. DUE DATE? 04/24/07
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Most definitely. Couldn't drink water for weeks. Only Gatorade which after a week or 2 starts tasting like syrup. Threw up probably 10 times a day for 3 months. Couldn't stand up after 4 pm. Had to go to bed by 6. And got insanely car-sick through out. I marked Kam highway many a time. ;-)
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Not really sure. Mostly just had to find food that would stay down. I did like Marshmallows and stars (Lucky Charms), and ate a lot of baked potatoes with cottage cheese.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Don't remember anyone irritating me. Definitely hated sleeping at night. Felt like someone had been punching me in the hip all night long when I woke up. Sleeping on your left side all the time was definitely a challenge.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? girly
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? nope
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 50, and I was able to get 60 off after her. Hoping it's the same story this time around.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? yep, I was spoiled with many showers
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? The first one in Utah was a surprise with many many friends and family. Then my old family ward in Utah threw me one (expected). And the school I was teaching at threw me a surprise party!
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? nope. Pretty normal except for the fact that she never turned around.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Castle Hospital
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 0hrs. 0 Min. 0 Sec...Yup! Planned C-section.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? I probably did. Jonathon doesn't like driving much.
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Whoever was lucky enough to see over the blue tarp in front of my face. Not me. Jonathon was sitting behind the tarp with me, but stood up and saw it. All I saw was the grey chest hair from my anesthesiologist sticking out of his scrubs, as he stood over me watching.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? As previously stated, c-section
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Most definately. Are you kidding? But I refused nausia medication afterwards. I threw up for 5 hours (every 20 min) while coming off the spinal block. The nurse told me the nausia medication would make me sleepy and I couldn't imagine sleeping through my baby's first hours of life.
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7 lbs. something?
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? April 10, 2007 5:10 pm?
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Eden Noelani
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 1 year 10 months and 1 day.

1 comment:

stef j. said...

it's still amazing to me how SICK SICK SICK you were! i remember jonny always saying, "oh, she's puking right now." and how you'd sleep in the bathroom.

crazy! i'm glad this one has been better ...

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod