Thursday, September 10, 2009

The 2nd

According to my email...this little guy is 26 weeks. It's hard to believe, but I just counted and it's true!!

It's funny how you don't count the weeks with your second kid like you do with your first. After Eden was born a stranger could ask, "How old is she?" and I'd reply 23 weeks 2 days. I could probably even respond with the hours.

But with your second, you just don't keep track. Maybe because I am too busy, but I think you hold tight to every moment because you know now how quickly they grow up.
With Eden I tried to hold tight to every moment because it was wise council I had recieved from every parent.

Now, with my second child I know it's true. I'm in denial of how big he's getting. In my mind I am convinced he will be my baby forever. I ignore the fact that this boy can crawl, I try to forget he already has his first 2 teeth. To me he is just my chunky, happy, squish-able boy to love.
But the best part is how fun these 2 are. No matter what stage they are in. I remember never wanting Eden to outgrow the stage she was in. But each new stage seemed to get more and more fun and I didn't miss the old.

Even though now she is 2, and gets time out often, and some days I feel like pulling my hair out...she still knows how to be sweet, and we still have fun together, and though it's hard it's sometimes my favorite stage too.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I know what you mean...my "baby" is 23 years old and 6 ft. 2 and I remind him often...that he is STILL my baby!

And, may I add, I definitely love the stage you are in! LOL

liko said...

so true!!!

and my sister's baby, the one who's the same age as tex, just had an allergy test the other day for his eczema. he's allergic to nuts, milk, eggs, and gluten!

poor little man...

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod