Thursday, September 10, 2009

A thank you to my mamma

I just wanted to take a moment to thank my Mamma for teaching me how to sew, cook, and how to search for awesome finds at Saver's.



If she didn't teach me how, I wouldn't know how to make these fun crinkle toys as my new baby gifts...

Or how the make the Shepard's pie I made for dinner last night for a family in the ward...


Or own this cute new embroidered duvet cover for $5.



Or the framed mirrors on my wall that I got for $1 each at a garage sale!


Really, Saver's shopping is a skill...And some of my dear friends don't have it. So, they have to buy normal priced things or things on sale for $2-$5-$10 or $20 a piece. I get to buy them for 50cents to $2 a piece at the Saver's 50% off sale....Ok, I admit sometimes I'll splurge and spend $5 on a pair of pants or $3 on a really cute skirt.

So, thanks Mamma!

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the kuddos! You are so welcome sweetheart:-) LOL

It also takes a certain talent that you have to make it all work:-)

Unknown said...

Your mom is so wise. And you are so smart as to listen.

stef j. said...

i'm the "on sale" friend who thinks $5 is a steal... so i agree. savers shopping is definitely a skill. :)

liko said...

haha, that thrifting bug just bit me. and i need to start limiting the amounts of times i'm allowed to go there every month...

why buy new when things from the past are of much better quality and at an unbeatable price - can't beat that!!

haven't seen you in a while...hopefully soon!

Stephanie said...

i got a bunch of steals at savers today too! sometimes savers stuff is a steal, but mostly it's overpriced junk. but you are right, if you have the right eye for it you can find the deals for sure!

Christina said...

Awww that's such a great thing to say about your mum. I hope my kids say that about me one day!

Those crinkle toys are cute- how do you make them?

I love the bedspread and mirrors- so cool!

echo said...

yes it takes the right eye. and you my friend, have it.
next time, take me with you. :)

rachele and jordan said...

I'm terrible at finding good things at thrift stores. I always try because you always find such good things, but I always walk away empty handed. By the way I love the crinkle toys you make. I'm learning to sew. I'm making Brooke a nursing cover this week and it's my first sewing project. We'll see how it turns out.

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod