Thursday, September 10, 2009

Trying to be better

So, I am trying to be a better Mom. Luckily I have great friend's who do fun, different, cool, creative things with their kids...this is inspiring, and a great example. Thanks guys!

But, I haven't been very good about any sort of schedule with my kids and I find I spend a majority of most days saying, "okay...hold on. In a minute...after I do this we'll _____". And at the end of the day my house is still a mess I have not showered, dinner isn't always cooked..and yadda yadda. Where does the day go? Seriously?

Because of this, for the past 2 days I have re-done nap scheduling. Now Eden and Tex sleep early together in the morning. This means her nap is now only 45 minutes instead of 2 or 2.5 but really...who needs that much quiet time anyway. I should be enjoying motherhood right? In my mind, being a stay at home mom isn't a right...but a responsibility.

The shorter earlier nap means that she is also ready for bed an hour or 2 sooner....which equals more quiet alone evening hours with the husband. How great is that?!

Plus this schedule has gotten Tex on a better eating and sleeping schedule too. It's more predictable, and I can actually make plans a little bit better.

So, today during Tex's nap time, I was trying to think of something that just me and Eden could do. I don't feel like I always give her the one on one attention she needs and quite frankly deserves.

So, I asked. "What do you want to do?" And she said "I dunno!" And i said, "You wanna make a hat!?:" And she excitedly said yes! So we googled Hat making and a PLETHORA of ideas. We decided on the duct tape hat.

It was a ton of fun. It's so fun to be creative with a 2 year old!!! Okay, she is all done decorating it with stickers now...so i better get off the computer and enjoy the rest of Tex's naptime and our mommy Eden time together. ;-)





4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Fun idea...I want to make one too:-)

Stephanie said...

"In my mind, being a stay at home mom isn't a right...but a responsibility."

so true! and i love the hat!!! she looks so cute in it and i am always so impressed with the projects you send amby home with. the other day we said something about a tail and thomas joked- does amby have a tail??? and i said, NO! (cuz i didnt want him to get confused haha) and he said, "AMBROSE MAKE A TAIL WITH MANNY!!!!!!" (you are manny- sorry, i'll work on the T sound with him-haha) and then i remembered his awesome horse tail you made and said, "OH YEAH!"

liko said...

okay, steph's comment just reminded me of malik and how my mom would ask,"malik, do you have a tail?" and malik would respond,"no, i have a penis." when he was two. yeah...

anyways, i love the fun stuff you make, simple and creative. you rock, matti. and look at how happy eden is!!

echo said...

totally diggin the hat.
good job on the nap times thing. i have kind of given up completely. i don't even try anymore with adelaide.

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod