Saturday, September 5, 2009

Well, why not

I should be in bed...but why not post instead.

Poor Jonathon seems to have started suffering from the migraine headaches that seem to run on his side of the family...poor guy.

I am sure they have been brought on by our childrens terrible sleep schedule. True that first night I put them in bed together was bliss...but the following evenings, not so much.

Anyway, that is why I am up at 2:30 saying hi to my adoring fans in blogworld. I could have gone to bed an hour and a half ago, but there are so many interesting things to do during these late late hours.

One of them is driving to 7-eleven and seeing the night life that goes on there. I couldn't believe how many young kids were there at 2 am buying their treats and wreaking havoc in the neighborhood. And as I stood there in line waiting to buy a doughnut for my poor sick-y back at home, I wondered "Did I used to play at 2AM, shouldn't these kids be in bed?" And I realized...I did used to be up partying with friends at 2am being silly and wreaking havoc in the neighborhood...but my life is soooo much more meaningful now thanks to my kids who give me a reason to hit the hay by midnight at the latest each night. And I'm thankful for a sweet husband who sadly enough was sick, so that I could run to 7-eleven and realize that I don't have the life I used to have...and for that I am soooooo greatful.

3 comments:

Tara said...

i know EXACTLY what you mean!!!

liko said...

we ran into jonathan at the clinic today. malik has the flu, and maybe the slight beginnings of strep throat. poor boy. he got tamiflu (or whatever it's called) and some amoxicillin just to be safe. all yesterday and through the night he had the hottest fever once the tylenol wore off. i slept next to him last night and would wake up to feel how hot he was. it was 102.9 at the doc today.
hopefully jonathan's migraines go away, those things sound horrendous.
and that used to be the thing to do in college - go hang out super late at 7-11. i never really did that, though. and staying out til the wee hours of morning, yep, i remember those days. but now i prefer sleep over that any day.

the end.

Amy K said...

Centry and I were discussing that very thing the other day, while watching two young couples getting coffee and bagels at Einsteins. I don't ever remember being that bouncy. ;o) ... but thankfully I'm not to the level of the old couples at IHOP who don't say one word to each other through the whole meal either.

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod