Thursday, September 17, 2009

A tisket A Tasket

2 kids in a basketToday was a good day. A few Costco/town trips ago I called Jonathon on the phone and said, "Sweety...Remind me to never ever ever ever never ever never ever ever never...EVER do this again!"


Well, today wasn't so bad. The previous trip mentioned above probably had something to do with the fact that I tried a Super Shopping trip including Wal-Mart, Savers, and Costco...W A Y over doing it.


Today was a short bus ride to Daddy's work to pick up the car, and a little drive to Costco.
(Eden is curled up in a ball on the seat next to me...she is hiding under the blanket)

Eden was great, and they had AMAZING samples today. She loved the chips, and cookies, hamburgers, delicious scones....mmm. I'm excited for the weekend let's just say.
Anyway, I just had to comment on how great and cute my little 2 year old is with her little brother. Her patience at times AMAZES me. He has recently turned into quite the little grabber. And today as Eden tried to eat her little samples, Tex kept trying to eat them to. She'd calmly say, "No No Tex" and turn to the side. When she wasn't eating anything, Tex would lean against her as though he was hugging her. Eden would put her arm around him and say, "Look Mamma. I make him happy."


Towards the end of our 90 minute Costco expedition, Eden was starting to lose patience. So I taught her this expression. "Tex, give me a break. I need a break please." And whenever she'd say that I would hold Tex's crazy little arms down, and they would both giggle....aaaaaahh. Being a mommy is the greatest thing in the world.

It was one of the sweetest most fun wonderful moments of my mommy-hood.

7 comments:

stef j. said...

i love this post!! just everday life stuff that makes our jobs worth doing.

and i still think you're crazy/brave for doing the bus, costco trip.

echo said...

its moments like that that i try to keep in mind when all i want to do it stomp and shout. it makes everything better.
i am excited for the weekend too! it is going to be so much fun!!

echo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

haha! im gonna try that line on ambrose! :) thank you thank you for doing the shopping!!!

wood0306 said...

Good job... You are both learning patience! What a great outcome! You are such a GREAT mom :)

Noelle said...

Shopping is so hard with kids! It sounds like you survived and did a great job.

ashley said...

how sweet! love those moments! and there are more to come i am sure, they make all the crazyness worth it ;)

2 peas from my pod

2 peas from my pod